Have owned several, and still have an 80ft straight boom. I'm going to need an articulating lift that can work 2 guys safely at no more than 30ft vertical, but certainly have to extend horizontal too. I think the best fit here is either dual fuel engine, or electric, but I question if I can really get into electric on a tight budget? I would really only consider Lithium. I also will demand 4wd, not a smooth tire, indoor lift. I have to use it indoors and out. My thought on electric is how much wasted engine time in idle. Seems like you have to constantly start/stop an engine machine. I also like to zero emission and reduced noise of electric, but if they can't do a good day of work, that is an issue, as well again, price. All the electrics I have ever found, were sold due to batteries being toast, regardless of sellers claiming otherwise....lol Don't ask my budget. I don't mind working on one, just not a total rebuild. What I learned the hard way is the telescopic cylinders in booms are very BAD! Super nightmare, but I'd do it if I can find a deal.
I can't say for sure, but I don't think batteries for electric aerial lifts of that size are available in lithium. They typically use a group of 6V 375 amp hr batteries available in flooded or AGM. The AGM battery is a maintenance free sealed battery.
Do they even make 4wd outdoor electrics like this? I remember some Genies but they were 2WD with floatation type tires. To be honest, if the deal was hot enough, I can convert one to Li. I do a lot of work in that sector. It dawned on me I could possible poke some value in there. The main issue with lead is they are slow to charge, minimal capacity, and several other issues like very limited charge cycles before they are junk. If I could fast charge, that could really help. I'm thinking of working while plugged in if I got desperate.
Well, this is far outside of my wheelhouse, But yeah, flooded batteries are slow to charge, but...with proper care and overnight charging they are more than capable of putting in a full days work the next day. And yes, they eventually take a crap and need replacement. Not sure how the AGM batteries compare in performance compared to flooded. Again, not my wheelhouse. But what you spec, a quick look, not a broad search, but JLG offers the EC450AJ electric with 200 amp hr lithium ion batteries. 4wd is also offered as an option. As for working while "plugged in", it depends on how the manufacturer built the machine. With electric lifts, some allow operating the machine while charging. Others, machine operation is locked out while charging.