I have done several equalizer bars on B models and C models but this is the first D model we have encountered. The center pin hole had to be line bored and in order to do this we had to remove the pumps and the fuel tank. Anyone else ran across these, or have a print out on on how to do this more efficiently
This is all I seen. But I don't has SIS.
It's crazy. Normally you can drop the front belly pan and gain access to the back side of the center pin hole, that wa on the B, and C models, but now on the D models the fuel tank is behind the center pin, if it doesn't need line bored then you are good, but if you have to have the hole line bored then you have to support the rear of the engine, remove the pumps, and remove the fuel tank
So much for progress. But I’ll look up that document HMC indicated above and post it if there’s anything relevant.
Nothing really relevant but here they all are anyway. Of course the E-Bar R&I process only deals with getting the pins and the bar in & out. It does not mention any additional R&I that might be necessary to gain access to the area with line-boring equipment. I would suggest that's reasonable because there are so many types of equipment out there it would not be possible to consider each and every one.
Thanks for all of the responses, the hardest part was removing the fuel tank, it sits in a channel and of course it was a plastic tank and they swell, hopefully I can get it back in smoothly.