Hi I have a D6H XL that I am currently removing the equalizer bar on and had a few questions on the removal of the pivot shaft seal bolts. I currently have the belly pans removed and the center pin out of the equalizer bar. The dozer is cribbed up on the front and I am ready to pull the outside pins and lift it the rest of the way up with the blade to get the bar removed. I have read on here to be sure to remove the pivot shaft seals before I raise the machine up and wanted to be sure what bolts those are that I am removing. Are they the bolts on the inside flange of the machine and do you remove them all completely? Also will be replacing the four pins and bushings in the hard nose next any tips or tricks on that process? Thanks
D6H has no pivot shaft seals to worry about like the larger dozers. you can raise the nose until your segments hit the roller frames. if you need extra room you can remove a section of segment to get more clearance, but you should not have to. although check to make sure that there is oil in your pivot shaft gallery in the roller frame. if its dry its more then likely that the seals are gone. hard nose, well if you have a air arc that will bring some ease. I generally just gouge the bushings out and press new ones in.
Hardnose pins. Another place where an exothermic torch comes in very handy indeed if they won't move.