Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment Costing Guide

XKvate ยท 2015-06-24 12:45

I'm hoping someone could help me with this as I've been searching online and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. There used to be a guide called the "Contractors' Equipment Cost Guide" that gave an average per hour rate for various types of heavy equipment. I can't seem to find that particular title or one similar. Perhaps I'm just not googling the right terms but if any one knows of a similar guide please let me know. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1RBMcCloskey2015-06-24 20:12

    I think this is what you are looking for, it's a little pricey, but it is the industry standard. http://www.equipmentwatch.com/marketing/product/331/rental-rate-blue-book-equipment-costs

  2. #2John C.2015-06-25 00:34

    What I am familiar with today are the Construction Equipment Guides and Farm Equipment Guides which basically give a few basics on select manufacturers models. Power and weight ratings give you an idea of what models of machines are comparable with other manufacturers machines. I seem to recall a cost guide years ago put out by Contractor's Hotline but could not see how they could actually determine actual machine operating and ownership costing. I got their serial number guides for a couple of years but got burned using them on a case that involved the local dealer and never sent money that way again. What I've seen about Equipment Watch is that it is a lot of money for information that can be had through regular sources at little cost. The absolute best book I've seen is the Caterpillar Performance Handbook which is far and away the industry standard. It's hard to get a print book now days but your local dealer should have it on a CD for free or a minor cost. The last print book I got was the 42nd edition. The neat thing about it is you can substitute other manufacture's machines of the approximate horse power and weight for a reasonable estimate of cost and time.