Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Transmission Problems

Ronfarm ยท 2015-06-24 13:44

2005 D6N has no more forward or reverse gear, after working in water.? Does anybody know what may have caused that. Also noticed my alternator light came on ? Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2015-06-24 13:49

    It sounds like you have an electrical problem somewhere. I'd be looking at fixing the alternator problem (which might not be the alternator at all) first.

  2. #2Ronfarm2015-06-24 21:53

    I sent my alternator in, should be able to check soon. Thanks

  3. #3Ronfarm2015-06-25 22:18

    Installed new alternator and same problem,no forward and reverse.

  4. #4Nige2015-06-26 03:58

    Has fitting the replacement alternator made the charge light go off..?

  5. #5Ronfarm2015-06-26 06:51

    Yes the light is off, charging @ 26.3 volts.

  6. #6Mobiltech2015-06-26 07:55

    Does the dash indicate that it is going into gear? Are there active codes on the dash

  7. #7Ronfarm2015-06-26 20:27

    Thanks guys we figured it out. Playing in deep water caused water to go in transmission, causing all 5 solenoids to go. I just replaced them and everything works.

  8. #8lantraxco2015-06-26 22:20

    Ouch.

  9. #9FSERVICE2015-06-26 23:05

    was the swim worth it?? hope you got paid well for playing in deep water!!!

  10. #10Nige2015-06-27 04:46

    While you're looking for water try draining a small amount of oil from every compartment after the machine has been sitting for a while. If it's been as deep as you suggest in water you may also have contamination in something like a final drive.

  11. #11Ronfarm2015-06-27 11:26

    Good idea, I will check this, monday.