Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment history books?

Speedpup ยท 2009-01-01 22:40

Any good reads and pictorial books on the development of heavy equipment over the years? I would imagine they may be a whole series about CAT.

Replies9
  1. #1cat 3852009-01-01 22:48

    i've found good ones in the transportation section at barnes and noble, the history of caterpillar,i have one by the name, giant excavators

  2. #2pwrstroke6john2009-01-01 23:36

    theres a pretty good one on Bobcat that came out last year.

  3. #3Lashlander2009-01-02 00:53

    Try tis link. They have about all of them I think. http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/Products_1134.ncm

  4. #4Northart2009-01-02 01:10

    Caterpillar Books Check out this thread from a year ago.

  5. #5buddy6052009-01-02 04:48

    earthmovers encyclopedia is really interesting, I read it and I am not a big fan of reading.

  6. #6special tool2009-01-02 07:42

    This is funny. I have 2 of the linked books on here. "Cat century" and "Bobcat 50 years". Anybody needs any particular reference from either, I'd be happy to look it up.

  7. #7stretch2009-01-02 11:46

    "One Hundred Booming Years: A History of the Bucyrus-Erie Company", which details B-E's history from 1880-1980, is a very interesting read. This was all too shortly before the glory days of the company ended. The Bobcat book ST mentioned above is very good too. There are many on John Deere, and I also have a copy of "Euclid Earthmovers 1924-1968." Many good pics, although they're all B&W.

  8. #8dieselnut2009-01-02 21:58

    One of the best CAT books is Caterpillar Century. It has the whole timeline of cat and tons of neat pictures. http://www.amazon.com/Caterpillar-Century-Eric-C-Orlemann/dp/076031604X

  9. #9CAT D9H2009-01-02 22:57

    Ok here are a few that i have: Caterpillar Century Eric C Orlemann , Motorbooks, lots of pics , and history covers Best and Holt years up to just before the new power edge logo, The best of the Cat books in my opinion, black and white and color all in a days work (75 years of Cat) unknown author Triumph books tons of cool facts and pics, black and white and color , probably the second best Cat book you wouldnt be dissapointed Collossal Caterpillar , the ultimate earthmover , Eric C Orlemann, more about mining equipment, color Caterpillar earthmovers at work, Bill Robertson very cool book about old Cat equipment black and white Caterpillar , Eric C Orlemann Great pics , color Caterpillar Gallery , Eric C orlemann Great pics , color Giant Earthmovers , Kieth Haddock cool book covers nearly all the equipment manufactures lots of history black and white Let me know if you want any more info about these books , I'd be happy to help