Does anyone know another place besides Ebay to buy a set of keys? I lost mine at work this week, and I've been trying to get a set on Ebay, but I keep getting outbid. :bash Help!
borow a friends set and head for the locksmith.
What do you need brother? Cat, JD,Case,Volvo,Komatsu,Kobelco,New Holland,Link Belt, Manitowoc, Grove, Hitachi,Terex, I have em.
I could use anything right now. I was really not wanting copys due to the fact that when you get a lot of them I seem to loose track of which ones go with what? Cheesehead can you get me a set?
are the keys all the same? i mean will a case key fit any other case machine? that seems a little bit crazy, or unsecure at best.
I now know how lost an operator can be when he losses his keys!:crying
Yes All equipment keys are universal within their own brand , some keys will work in other equipment aswell case will also work in bobcat machines , JD works in hitatchi , I think there are others too but im not sure , I think universal keys are great as long as they dont get in the wrong hands , I couldnt imagine what a pain it would be to get out of say a Cat loader and try to track down a key for a Cat backhoe if you know what I mean
Most are, yes. Case, Komatsu and Cat are completely universal across their respective lines (IE Cat key works on all Cat equipments/engines). John Deere's actually have a few keys: there is a tractor key for the diesel tractors, a key that works on dozers and I think beatsme) backhoes, and then a JD excavator key. I think Volvo has different keys for each machine type (truck, hoe, loader), but I'm not sure.
This is the guy I buy mine from. The set listed has a buy it now. The keys are all labeled, so you know what they are. http://cgi.ebay.com/52-HEAVY-EQUIPMENT-KEY-SET-VOLVO-LASER-KEY-INCLUDED_W0QQitemZ350086362201QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350086362201&_trkparms=72%3A1075%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318
Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up finding a set I could buy without having to bid on. :woohoo
Anyone know if they will do euro gear??? I know that JD use libherr dozers stateside ,never heard about Link-Belt though
Another place to buy is the dealership or equipment rental stores. Most are universal with their brand and others as mentioned. Ingersoll and case I believe, Hyster and old ingersoll's (Fork style key). JD and Hitachi, I think the only ones that are Keyed is some volvo. I thought they had 6 different styles. I have had some that work in other volvo's and some that dont. I always keep a metal name tag attached to my equip key ring with my name and number attached. If someone that they are of no use to finds them, you just might get them back. I have lost mine a few times.
Being that your in North Carolina, I would go to James River equipment. The one here in charlotte has every key I can think of. They also have complete sets for sale too.
I didn't think of James River. We have one close in Wilkesboro. The metal ring with your name is also a great idea. Thanks everyone!
Anyone else with this problem, check out Ironplanet.com It is the internet auction company, and in their section titled "company stores", there is a company that sells a complete set of keys. I forget the price, but it sounded reasonable.
For future ref. a local locksmith will/should have precut keys. I used to work for a lock smith and we always had precut keys for Deere, Case, Cat and many other brands.
I have a lot of main stream keys, may get one of those sets though. I've been running into not having the right keys a bit lately. Hey Jerry do you have to log in I'm not having any luck finding the keys?
I was in our local Brandt Equipment dealer ( John deere and Bomag) and the have a ring of about 30 or 40 different keys and the list that they fit for about $62.00. I think they were on sale to . Im not sure what the regular price is .
a good set of keys is like a good set of tools dont leave home with out them.being a heavy hauler u cant beleve the variety of keys u need to have.some of my rare keys,moxy rock trk,early case excavatior looks like a round card lock key
I just got a Terex TX650 from an auction but I just found out that I need a key for the gas and hydraulic tanks. Just copy a key from another Terex, Fermec, or **? Mine is a 2003 terex tx650
I've lost a couple of sets and man what a pain going around trying to pickup new again. The John Deere/Hitachi excavators us a 600 key. You might find a few gray market machines that don't use that key and replacements used to be impossible to get. They also have a different key for the mini excavators. Komatsu has several different numbered keys but the master is a 797. Case has some different keys also. The excavator keys do not fit the dozers. Case excavator keys do fit Link-Belts. Volvo has a different keys for loaders, excavators and haul trucks. The last time I had to buy a loader key it cost me $30. There are several old standard keys that were sold with many machines. The snoopy key was used as a master in most of the old Internationals and some other brands. The same with the forked Ingersoll Rands, I found many old Hypac and Hyster rollers with the same key. As for the truck driver, I figure you guys must have all the lost keys in the world. Everytime a trucker moves a machine I'm sure they take the keys with them
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/bidadoo-Inc__W0QQ_sidZ122824032QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2 These guys have lots of different keys for a buck a piece, plus shipping, check page 2 and 3 for all the keys
John, next time you loose them D) try Pape'- they have a really good set for $45. Don't ask me how I know...
RobVG, Thanks for the heads up. I got a set from Western Power a couple of years ago and so far I've held on to them.
iron planet 80 bucks for 24 keys
Equipment Keys I sell all brands of equipment keys at www.beachslock.com I was a locksmith for over 20 years and worked with my uncle on his construction equipment for years I'm always interested in new equipment keys to add to my website also information on what keys fit what take a look and if you have any new keys i don't have or information please hit me up at [email protected] James
Nice website James and a good reference. I've bookmarked it for future use.
Thank You RobVG
Try www. plantkeysgb.co.uk they have sets of keys for most types of machines (a set for telehandlers for example) I bought a set of general plant keys for about £28 (2 years ago) Regards
A few years ago I bought a set of master keys for every machine for mechanics from cat. you can try there.
I have seen them sell at auctions. Set of 50 different equipment keys. 70 dollars or so.
Hello! where to find keys for John Deere excavators
Captain1 Amazon has equipment keys cheap or mentioned above local dealer/rental yards
No offense to you, but **** Amazon. These folks have been nothing but great, and have about everything you could need. Machine Keys – Best Keys In The Business machine-keys.com
Not to hijack the thread. Who remembers the big thick Cat key? You knew what it went to. Ahhh the 70's.
Handy here where many vendors won't even ship or try to charge crazy prices. One recently thought it was reasonable for almost $200 in shipping for many 5lbs that could fit in a $20 USPS box.
This one?
Looks like a Hyster key. Lowes got all confused how I was loading my truck with their Hyster forklift. Funny how there was no one available to help but when a fellow DIYs it half the store's employees crew show up. Manager didn't know what to say when I busted out my forklift cert card. Probably have more ass time on one than many have on a couch.
Fits the Hyster, Cat V108, Mitsi and several others......