Here are some of the other machines my camera has found
Grab the opcorn
opcorn
:cool2
still having fun?
:cool2
finished for tonight
What kind of wicked midieval looking kind of grab is that in the second post? I may have to find an excavator just to put one on and threaten the neighborhood punks with. Nice pics too. That grab needs to be painted black and red just so the material knows it's on the wrong end of something wicked. It's evil looking and I like it. :naughty :angel
I take it you are gtting along fine with your new camera. I'd like to go out and get some pics but can't afford the fuel. Keep up the good work. Pete
Nice pics there Dirtman I think you deserve a few :drinkup
That's what you call a stump/ log shear. It's designed to cut logs shorter and cut stumps down to a smaller size before they go into hogzilla... the tub grinder
Cool pictures Chris Keep it up mate you're doing a good job :wink2 :drinkup
Here are some more!
Were not stopping now
:d:d
Nice pictures. But you are going to give me nightmares with those pictures of one of Barnhills old D9's. I spent more than my fair share of hot summer days back when I worked for them on that behemoth of a machine pushing 621 scrapers.
yeah it's a big machine. It's off the 64 bypass where that new big subdivision is going in toward wendel. you can see it from the road. Most of the other equipment is Fowlers. Man that company is getting huge! Last I heard they had over 400 pieces of equipment. Barnhills equipment sure looks rough next to fowlers doesn't it?
definitely need one. do they work good? i have a bunch of stumps around here that need taken out.
Wanna see some cool excavator backgrounds?
Few more
No doubt some of Barnhills equipment is rough. I admire them for getting as much life out of a machine as they can. But it sure made for a long day when you are stuck on one of their old relics that just wont die like the D9 you pictured for 11 hours in the middle of July. Fowler definately has some nice stuff. Not a bad comeback for a guy who declared bankruptcy just 20 years ago. I have a buddy that works for them and if a machine they buy can have a cab w/ AC, it probably has it.
...
Your not kidding. I remember about 10, 12 or so years ago seeing them taking tires off their sitting dump trucks just to put them on the ones that were still running cause they could not afford to buy new ones. Something changed big time! I'm still surprised they don't buy a rammax with heat/ AC lol
where'd you get those cool pics of the excavators?
Few more pictures
great pics Chris, keep em commin! Is that track loader with rake a 963?
I'm pretty sure it is, decals are all scratched off.
Yeah its a 963B, you can tell by the way the lines for the lift cylinders are on top instead of on the bottom of the cylinder like the 53's. Nice pics, where are the rest?
Man those backrounds are AMAZING pictures!! Great pics all around......
That Kubota kx080-3 is working near by my place
want some more pictures?? local paving company
hammer time!
Drill time!
heres a big cat 375 doing digging a hole to bore under the freeway.
few more random shots
Few more neat and interesting machines I've found Here is a portable rock crushing setup for crush a stock pile of boulders
Next is a huge Vermeer T1255 land leveler. I'm standing if front of it in the last picture for a size comparison, I'm 6'
Few pictures from a sewer line project.
Bringing in the big boys. A cat 375 and a PC1250
AHHHHHHHHHHH... Dirtman.. I have a favor to ask of you. That picture of the 973 with the quick attach and forks.... destroy it, burn the evidence, delete it from your personal memory and then please go destroy the machine. I have heard rumors 1 or 2 of our 973's are going to get QA's to try out.. I have enough to do. I can't have any evidence of such contraptions of machines floating around the internet. I'm gonna have nightmares now.
i saw park on the side of the equipment their. i dont know if its the same contractor but thies a park up here and their big but i cant find a web site or anything on them. would u know?
You want me to send you the full size picture so you can set it as your computer background? Come on you know you want to be the pipe go getter. put it here, put it there guy. Pc1250 is now assembled PS- I'll get some more shots next weekend of all the 973's attachments for your viewing pleasure! Later
Great pics Chris,:usa How wide are these pipe trenches gonna get? In the background of that one photo of the assembled 1250 I see an ADT and what looks like an 815 or 825, Got any photos of that stuff too?
Thanks, the truck in the background is is one of those funky looking cat 350(?) 4 wheel haul trucks. Pipes are 24" cast with 48" being bored under the roadway (200'). smaller sewer down the street is going to be 12" PVC.
Man its a small world...I've been on most of those sites.
ha ha I am kinda interested to see what they have for the 73... I'm guessing a bucket, forks and a snout? As for being pipe go getter guy... I'm good. They already have me getting pipe every once in awhile. You'd be amazed how difficult it is to balance 12" waterpipe on your teeth while going across site goin full wood. Computer background eh? My background is a little more interesting. I like 973's and all but they lack blonde hair and you know.... other stuff.
No kidding, What company are you working for down here? Park is doing the sewer line TGC is doing the big site where the Vermeer T1255 is Mainlines doing the rock crushing Folwer contracting is doing all the housing developments And I'm just taking pictures... lol
Looks like we have seen the pics of the crushing operation somewhere else here? The Komatsu PC228 operator maybee?
Well my job is kind of complicated....But I work for Carolina Steel & Stone (Steel and precast erectors), Creative Carolina Landscaping and JDM grading. I've also had mainline on a few of my jobs.
great pics!
Kind of the same company...here's Park of NC's site. http://www.parkconstructionofnc.com/
Old thread, but just noticed the white machines are REA construction...where is that job at? Maybe I-485 project?
I think it was just on a little sub division project. Did you hear about Fowler Contracting? they are going to be closing the doors for good by April 4th. they had like 400 pieces of equipment and 500 employees at one time.
Heres a few pics
REA is big down here to, they do most of the interstates and big intersections and things like that when it comes to paving, I've seen them farther north than where Chris is located..
I love it when I see dirtmans name under a thread keep the pictures coming:notworthy
No explanation needed
Some more
Hmee-1 The new 60 mph diggeer for the Army
A few more.
That pic of the Amax dragline happened about 15 miles from me. What you don't see in that pic is the loading shovel that it landed on!!!
Sad to think that two years down the road both Fowler Contracting and Mainline Contracting Filed Bankruptcy and sold all of there equipment. Both however had excellent maintained equipment we bought quite a few pieces from both.
Does anyone know how exactly that dragline ended up like that? I dont think they can just walk off a high wall...!?!