Raining again today, we've gotten something like 3 or 4 inches of rain since Thursday night, so I haven't been working. So, what the heck, I'll post some photos for everyone else, for those of you on DHS also, sorry for the double vision:Banghead. First set are from our new Lowe's job, I'm running a 9520 pulling an old 18yd pan, and I was there to see it get dropped off (pic#1), as well as the 4th rock truck.(pic #2) Pic#3 shot of the souther half of the job Pic#4 Low bridge Pic#5 345 loading a 30-tonner. As you work around and on euiqpment, stuff like a 72" 5-yard bucket because common place an doesn't seem so big. I love getting shots like the last one, it reminds me that they are pretty big after all:usa
Wow, Lowe's and Home Depot are almost as big as Wal-Mart...our town got a second Home Depot a year ago and a new Lowe's is under construction on the other side of the hill. Nice shots, keep up the work. Here's some shots I got of the Lowe's site near me, if anyone's interested... http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...cG=1383131373&zu=3138313137&v=2&gV=1&p=#18117
Thanks Stretch, There are suppose to be a total of 5 stores on the job, with the Lowe's being the anchor store, we're gonna be something like 20K yards short on fill even after a 30,000 CY borrow pit. it's kind of funny, I find that sometimes the best photo's come when you least expect it, so now I try to carry my camera with me just about everywhere. This one from our new job in Macungie is a perfect example, was on my way to visit family and we drove past it, and I got one of the new D8t:usa
Nice.
awesome pictures...you didnt work today? I sure did...14 hours the other two CDL drivers at the company were out so i had to do the work of all three
Sure, rub it in! Ah well, rain days are part of the business, right? Gives me time to catch up on chores and "honeydew" lists, not to meantion sleep:sleeping. Hopefully tomorrow we will work, maybe we can go for 12 hours (sure that means getting home at like 830, but it wouldn't be the first time:Banghead:dizzy).
Pretty muddy today, but we worked anyhow. Slow going at first, specially strippin topsoil..:Banghead Hoe and trucks were mucking out a pond we have to drop the grade 6' in. So for them anyhow, it didnt' really matter, so here's a couple photos. #1: the pond #2: the drying area #3: A little slot dozing to close the day:drinkup
Great pics. Somtimes its not the most efficient way when its muddy and wet but if you can make progress its worth a try, long as you can stay safe in doing so. Trbo
Where is that at? it looks very familiar
in front of hatfield packing. ralphs corner
Though I don't know a Ralph, Hoeman's right, it's right off of Forty Foot Road and Welsh Road. Got a brand new Volvo EC460cLC there, that the pipe crew is demoing right now, I guess to see if we are sticking with Cat or not:beatsme (shhh don't tell pullpan:wink2) We actually just started a second job just down the road (towards Sumneytown Pike) from this one this week.
New toy :cool2:drinkup
old toy, lowboy... ... that rhymed roy ointhead
I would love to know how you guys like the 460c compared to the 345 cl. Thanks
It should be interesting, I'm kind of wondering if they will bring in a 460c ME to test against our dirt hoes too.:beatsme Anyone know how big a bucket they can take? (the volvo)
5 yds should be the biggest
more pics Another week's worth of photos. Also I got to meet the man behind the legend that is hoeman:drinkup It was good to meet you in person, if even for a short time. Lucky you, I'd forgotten my camera that day, so there's no proof of you in one of those green beanies :cool2 First two of the 345 loading rock trucks #3 is the D8 pulling a temporary slope, maybe a 2:1 and lastly... a nice Pete
just a couple more A few from the borrow pit we started on Friday toploading a pan :Banghead thats it for now... thanks for looking:drinkup
I have worked 1 full week since I got back from vacation in early April, and it just keeps coming...Hey, dust won't be a problem! I see you guys back east are getting it too.... Alan627b
great pics Jim!nice pete too
awesome pics! thanks for sharing
New week, new pics enjoy
hey Jim...nice pictures...did you hear about what happened to the Verizon worker last week? Its a real shame...i actually passed by those guys about 30 minutes before it happened, i saw AI was doing paving right there and on the turn pike, wondering if you heard anymore of what actually happened, the newspaper was very vague i am kind curious.
NO this is the first I've heard of it. When and what happened? :beatsme I assume you mean on the Turnpike, its weird I didn't notice anything as I go through it every day on my way to the job I"m on.:Banghead
it was last wed. night around 10:30pm...Verizon workers were doing night work at the intersection of 29 and 202...something happened and a cable draped down across 202 and a passing dump truck (most likely carrying blacktop at the hour of the night to the paving job) caught it and whipped the worker off the overpass on 29 and down onto the lanes of traffic on 202N from what i got out of the newspaper article but i don't know if thats actually what happened, i heard a few different stories...it was weird because i passed by there at 10 and thought what the heck are Verizon workers doing so late and the next morning at the shop guys were talking about how they heard it happened at 10:30 from the morning news radio
That is sad to hear. I take it he died? I hate to hear something like that happening to a person just trying to earn a honest living.
How bout a pic of that white sterling or dodge in the background of Eric
Oh yes, that accident, that is terrible to hear, freak circumstances too when you think about it. Sorry I misunderstood, when you mentioned us paving on the turnpike I thought you meant that was where the accident was.:beatsme Yeah I heard a little about the accident in Malvern, actually had to take 30bus. to work that day. As for more information, you actually heard more than I had. Who's truck was it do you know? I don't have any on purpose, perhaps next week
no i dont know whos truck it was, thats what i was curious about because i know that night driving home i saw a lot of the trucking companies that haul for us hauling up there too...BigBen he was 54 i think, been with verizon for 26 years
how is the dodge performing? a 5500 i assume? sorry i'm into trucks first equipment 2nd
Couldn't tell ya. Its actually one of the subcontractors on the job that has it. I think it is the retaining wall guys' truck (Pickerting Valley I believe). Set to be another muddy day tomorrow:Banghead
How much longer do you guys have on this job Jim?
Good question... easy answer is, I don't really know.:beatsme LOL If I were to guess I'd have to say we could have most of the cut on the job done within the next 3 weeks. 75% of the Lowe's pad is already at 9 tenths a foot below, which is finish grade for us. We exhausted the borrow pit yesterday, and still have a lot of topsoil to try to stuff in that area as well as a 7-8foot prebench for a 25' sanitary run to dig. The Lowe's pad can't be finished until the powerlines and a gas line get moved, cause right now the cut in front of the pad would dig the gas up and the fill and the back of the pad almost reaches the lines. Word is the gas line gets moved next week, so at least one thing would be out of the way. quick video (all 4 seconds of it) http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpah5h6r334 picture #1 is from the job trailer across the job, if you squint you can see the lines going across the top of the hill, just behind the 345 loading the truck #2 same hoe, different pile formed from a shot heave #3 Fuel and lube truck PS: I wonder how long till we see some photos of this job from someone else here :drinkup
Great pics Jim, sounds like a big job.
Have you guys had a chance to run the volvo excavator yet?
how many fuel lube trucks does AAM have? I passed 2 of them on Rt. 30 two days ago when i was trucking out of Parkesburg...do these guys each have different territory's?
Yeah, pipe crew's been using it since it showed up, expect one Saturday we loaded trucks with it. What I hear is about the same from most of the guys that ran it, it's got smooth controls and is new... but after that they haven't been impressed with it, they all say it's unbalanced with a lot of weight in the front. Pipe crew was putting in storm today, and from my angle, it looked like they were fighting the last few tenths of shale the whole way. Hoeman, what would you say about it?:Banghead:notworthy I want to say 2 (maybe 3) fuel/lube trucks, and 2 fuel trucks. I think ICM has two more as well.
Second to last set of photos from this job, I swear, I'll stop boring you all after this week... well from this job anyway:cool2 #1) "new" HOE operator, the MAN used to work for us a few years ago and came back, unfortunately the photo is kind of small and you can't tell who it is Seriously though Hoeman, I hope you and your family had a safe trip back across the states!:usa:drinkup #2)Find the dozer #3-4)dozers #5) My ride on this job, the big bad 9520
How does your deere scraper setup compare to a cat elevating scraper like a 623g? Thanks for any feedback you have on this.
Wish I could, but I have no Cat self-propelled scraper experience, so I can't really give any good feedback. Just from observations and hearing others talk though... up side is they are a lot cheaper to run and more versatile (in you can flop the bowl for a disc or drag box for example) and with the dual tires on the tractor and low riding bowls, riding across a steep slope is pretty easy and they are pretty good at stripping. Down side.... they are just glorified farm tractors and don't always seem to have the power, or maybe it's the weight, to really hunker down in material that a 627 would be able to For example in this job, the clay gets so hard just before you hit shale that i can literally pull the bowl with the wheels airborne and barely scratch the ground. Also in a pinch, it's easier to push a traditional scraper than these. So honesty, I think for stripping they are very good.... after than, there is a reason we have more ADT's and Mass ex's, LOL. Last pics from the job... including a couple for Burnout's enjoyment:drinkup
What kind of Drill is that Jim, and do you have any more pics of it?
when ripping just won't do They are Tamrock (Ranger 700?) drills, here are a few other photos from different jobs, etc... but same type of drill none the less. I think we have one or two Atlas Corp drills as well.
Those are awesome machines, I don't think they make any Tamroc drills in 1:50 but they would be a cool model to have. Thanks for the pics!