Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment refinishing suggestions

Deeretracks ยท 2014-10-15 12:29

Anybody in the Puget Sound Area have a suggestion for a good equipment paint shop? I've used Norms, Marine View, & Strip Masters but wondering who else is out there? I'm looking at getting a few of our excavators painted this winter. Has anyone used the new RB paint shop in Chehalis? I know the one at the old RB in Maytown was pretty ghetto. I heard there is a really good guy in Yelm but can't find his info. Thanks for any advise.

Replies3
  1. #1brianbulldozer2014-10-18 10:22

    I have been wondering the same. What was your opinion of the three you mentioned Deeretracks?

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-10-18 12:53

    I've had trucks painted at Norms and was pretty pleased but never had them do equipment. Strip Masters blasted and painted our lowboy trailer last spring and did a sh*tty job but the owner is going to repaint it for us. We'll see how round 2 goes. Marine View does most of the painting/bodywork for Pape in Tacoma and Kent. He does good work but his shop is very small and a pain to unload at. Last time he quoted me, he was higher than Norms. I've bought a couple pieces of gear that were painted at Ritchies and they looked good when bought but the paint oxidized very fast. I received my quote from Ritchie Bros. now I'm waiting on Norms so I can compare. I might try both places since we have 5 pieces that need paint.

  3. #3brianbulldozer2014-10-18 21:56

    A friend had his excavator painted at Norm's back before the recession. As I recall it didn't take all that long (maybe 2 -3 years) before it was badly oxidized. I've wondered if adding a hardener to the equipment enamel they use would help, and if it is something a paint shop would do for a little extra. Had Strip Masters quote prep and painting of my lowboy tractor frame from the cab back not too long ago. Felt kind of stupid for asking, as I had no idea it was a $2600 job. Probably not going forward with that.