Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

equipment repair

countrylife ยท 2009-08-06 10:37

I'm looking at buying an excavator and trying to do all my homework first so I have a couple of questions. First, I'll probably need to add an AUX circuit to it and a thumb. Is the AUX circuit something I have to take it to the dealer for, or can a local shop do it? I assume a local shop can add the thumb. Second, If it is acceptable to ask on this forum: does anyone know of a good shop near Rosebud, Texas? (about half an hour east of Temple). It will probably be a Komatsu PC120 (not sure of the dash number). Thanks, Don

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2009-08-06 19:08

    All the Komatsu excavators have an auxiliary valve to run an extra function. Most hydraulic shops can do the job but check around for someone that has done it before so you might be able to look at their work. Get bids and have them describe what they are going to do and how they are going to do it. Good Luck!

  2. #2biodole2009-08-06 23:05

    I have the Komatsu PC128, and I have been VERY happy with its service. I would highly recommend this product line.