I need info regarding the relief valve setting for my new thumb. The thumb supplier wants the relief setting at 2000 psi, so that bucket can override the thumb. This machine had a thumb on it before i purchased it. I need to know where this relief valve is on the unit, and how to tell what the setting is. Thanks
I have the thumb installed and plumbed. I put a gauge on the load side of the cylinder, and the pressure is well above the 2000psi. I had the mechanic come out and he couldn't figure out how to set it, although he figured that on a late model machine, there has to be a way. Any ideas? Anything at all? Thanks in advance.
i have a workshop manaul that ill have a look at. How do you find the machine anyway? Any issues?
That unit has been great. No problems at all. It is shockingly smooth and precise, and yet very powerful. I run a 2.25 yd bucket, it is massive, too big really. But she handles it ok, and she only lifts the tail is if you have a big load of wet muck stretched way out over the side. Otherwise, it stays put. Walks pretty fast, swings fast enough for a big bucket, fueling is something you can almost forget to do. You can run 20 hard hours on a tank, 25 if you run slow and easy. Quick coupler seems a bit overdesigned, and quirky to operate. I appreciate any thoughts you can give me on setting the pressure. Ken
i totally agree...incredibly smooth...ours has done 7500 hours and is very precise. Doesn't move the tail unless worked hard. Very smooth machine with alot of power. Ill get onto looking at that manual tonight.
Dont worry about it, after a couple attempts my mechanic finally figured it out. Thank a lot anyway. I took the machine out and tried it out, and i can see that thumb is really going to expand the usefulness it. I moved a pile of concrete ruble, some scrap steel, and some trees. This is my first excavator and all i can say is a love it!!!!
awesome. get some pics up mate.
Hi Watglen Are you running your thumb of the hammer/shear, you should be able to adjust it( i'l have to look in the manual to refresh my mind) The main pressure is over 5000psi so 2000psi seems to be very low to me! But then we dont have many thumbs over here so i dont know much about the set up of them