Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment service records

Walkerfarms ยท 2015-03-27 00:22

I'm looking for a computer program/ ap for keeping track of service records and such. Any one now of anything goo?

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952015-03-27 08:08

    Me too. What I would like to have is a mobile app that we could enter each machine and a simple service record for each one. Also have the ability to enter a shared user group that could access the information and update when the machine is serviced with who serviced it. It would be easy to check in the field via a smart phone and schedule PM's when the machines are due. If I was just smart enough to design it.

  2. #2Mike L2015-03-27 09:58

    Me three. How would somebody get u touch with some app people to suggest it?

  3. #3Mike L2015-03-27 10:10

    Come to think of it, I have an app called Evernote which is used to keep notes but it has the feature of being able to share with others. Check it out

  4. #4RobVG2015-03-27 14:00

    I looked but they are really complex and not cheap. Thought I might write one myself- no phone app though. What kind of data would you want to store?

  5. #5John C.2015-03-27 21:42

    I've been using data bases for years. FileMaker Pro has a template for inventory that can be adapted for a small companies use. The hard part is figuring out what information you want to keep and how you want to give and get access to it. For me it has been the easiest to use especially when setting up different companies and types of assets. I don't know how it works with mobil apps but it does let you setup access points and information protection. I have used the Microsoft Access data base but found it very hard to understand. I suppose there may be others but as Rob VG say they are expensive and somewhat labor intensive.

  6. #6Walkerfarms2015-03-28 00:04

    All I would like is something that I can write service reports on, keep track of parts, and pm's, and all the equipment info s/n, marke model. I would like to have it mobile I do work out in the feild. then I would like to be able to share it with the owners. This way we can see how much equipment is costing the company. We do its on excel right now, not bad but could be better.

  7. #7tylermckee2019-02-23 22:28

    i know this is a really old thread, but i started using google sheets to do this. Just made separate tabs for each machine/truck, and made a basic form that guys can fill out, has a spot t enter hours, what maintenance/work was done, and who did it. Just make a company google account that all the guys can clock into, and anyone will have access to it, and it updates in real time, and auto saves in real time as well. have you found anything that works well?