Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl 140 injection pump

catfixer · 2015-03-25 23:37

A guy called me today wanting me to replace the injection pump on his tl 140. Personally I've never done more than replace a few hoses on a Takeuchi. What kind of engines do these things have in them? Are there any special tools required? I've done injection pumps but only on cats and it's been a couple years.

Replies22
  1. #1tool_king2015-03-26 20:59

    They use yanmar engines .what is your email address .i should have pdf on it . thanks Ed

  2. #2kevinc16502015-03-26 22:27

    What is wrong with the pump? Could be the electric slide if it's not cranking.

  3. #3catfixer2015-03-27 19:16

    tool king, my email is [email protected] would be awesome to have a PPF thanks! and kevin, I told the guy I could come troubleshoot it before he spent all the money on a pump, but said he was sure it was the injection pump. I prefer to troubleshoot my own problems, but if he is that adamant I need to put an injection pump on and is going to pay me cash to do it, by golly that's what he'll get lol.

  4. #406Pete2015-03-27 20:45

    I think a 140 has a Isuzu engine the 240 has the yanmar I know for sure. Sorry no help for how to replace or what tools.

  5. #5tool_king2015-03-28 22:00

    That is true .About the TL140 I forgot about that .catfixer sent the manuals . check email.

  6. #6WillardNelson2017-07-02 19:08

    I too have a TL140 and am having starting issues. I am needing pump timing help. Do any of you have a repair manual on this particular machine I could get sent as an email? Thank you very much. -Kevin

  7. #7tool_king2017-07-03 19:08

    Kevin what is your email address?

  8. #8WillardNelson2017-07-04 08:35

    [email protected] Thank you very much! -Kevin

  9. #9tool_king2017-07-05 00:47

    I sent you some manuals to your email .Let me know if they help .

  10. #10WillardNelson2017-07-05 09:26

    Yes sir, that is definitely what I needed. Thank you so much for taking the time to send them to me. -Kevin

  11. #11tool_king2017-07-05 21:26

    Kevin you are welcome .

  12. #12WillardNelson2018-01-12 22:34

    Tool_king, is there a way that you could send the tl140 service manual to [email protected] ? He has a coolant leak on his 140 and would like a few diagrams of the engine to try and locate it. My email won't let me send that big of a file. Thank you!

  13. #13tool_king2018-01-13 18:22

    I emailed him the operation,parts and service manuals .I compressed the pdf files into zip .He just has to download and extract them to his place of choosing .

  14. #14WillardNelson2018-01-13 20:32

    Okay thank you tool_king. I'll let him know.

  15. #15Seans problems2019-11-27 12:31

    Sorry to ask this far from the original posting, could you send me the service manual for the tl140 with the 4jg1? I want to make sure I’m timing the injection pump correctly.

  16. #16tool_king2019-11-27 18:06

    Sean what is your email address?

  17. #17Joseph Gluck2022-05-10 23:31

    [email protected] please send pdf for timing the injection pump on the tl140 and anything else for it thank u

  18. #18tool_king2022-05-11 00:31

    email sent

  19. #19thepumpguysc2022-05-12 01:23

    To help u guys out just a little.. Remove the side cover on the pump.. behind the cover you’ll see the plunger return springs and tappets.. Rotate the engine by hand until the # 1 tappet JUST STARTS TO MOVE UP & STOP.. Now u can read your manual for the final timing instructions.. Good luck

  20. #20mcleanmechanics242026-01-31 21:35

    Could you send the manuals to my email ? Needing help with pump timing on a TL140.

  21. #21tool_king2026-02-07 20:29

    What is your email ?

  22. #22mcleanmechanics242026-02-08 14:55

    [email protected]