Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment Watchers

[-Agent-] ยท 2008-06-16 01:21

Steve I will obey your 'dumb' rules.

Replies31
  1. #1[-Agent-]2008-06-16 01:23

    More...

  2. #2[-Agent-]2008-06-16 01:25

    same routine, More! :cool2

  3. #3[-Agent-]2008-06-16 01:29

    I bet by now your thinking, how could this guy have any more. Well I was in Seattle for 5 hours today with a camera and no leash, what do you expect.

  4. #4humboldt deere2008-06-16 01:47

    welcome back agent was it hard to get through the days without HEF.

  5. #5[-Agent-]2008-06-16 01:57

    Not really but I don't feel like fighting with Steve about LAWS anymore.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2008-06-16 08:03

    We have posting rules here at Heavy Equipment Forums to maintain some sort of resemblance to order on the Board. I've been on message boards that are out of control, and very little information gets exchanged there, I've subsequently dropped out of participation as a result. I think you will find, Agent, that the vast majority of members here are pleased with the way this Board is run. It's very simple, follow the rules and you will have no problems. From time to time an incident arises that is not described in the rules where after a discussion among the administration members here at HEF a decision is made on how to rectify the situation. The member involved is then contacted privately and issued a directive of the problem and how we'd like it corrected. The member is expected to follow that directive as if it were a written rule. Again, if the directive is obeyed, there are no further problems. As I mentioned in another thread that you've posted, it is not the policy of Heavy Equipment Forums to discuss actions taken against member on the Board, nor do we expect our members to discuss it on the Board as you have done here. In my opinion, this is a private matter to be worked out between the individual involved and HEF, we do not post information regarding this to avoid undue embarrassment to the member. We would expect you to do the same. While we encourage members to post photos of unique machines or job sites, or a photo that helps to explain a problem the member may have with a machine, photos of the type you've posted here do nothing but use up bandwidth on the server, which we've been having problems with the past month. I'm taking steps to resolve this, and it involves expending additional funds to do so. What relevance does an overseas container truck or moving van going down the road have to do with this site? We welcome future equipment operators to the Board who are interested in learning the business, no matter what branch of it they are interested in. Again, I believe the majority of members agree that this Board is run with the correct amount of governing to make it an enjoyable place to exchange information on heavy equipment, which was the original intent. You are welcome to participate within the restrictions that we have in place, but stepping outside those restrictions will result in further actions, whether you agree with them or not. You're at an age where you're trying to prove your an adult, I've been there myself. The best way to do that is to act like one, and follow the examples here that other adults have provided all over the Board. I'll remind you that enjoying a membership here is a privilege, not a right, and that privilege can be lost, perhaps permanently, if a member chooses to disregard or disrespect the rules we have in pace to maintain order. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

  7. #7[-Agent-]2008-06-16 15:16

    Yes steve. Although I don't see how my images are not 'unique'. Maybe this ole' international dozer my neighbor has is 'unique' enough? Well we were 'trying' to flatten out this spot but the dozer didn't seem to have that extra PUSH. So we ended up just going and riding the horses. Although the sound of that dozer sure was nice.

  8. #8stretch2008-06-16 15:30

    I think my lawn mower is bigger than that IH...but nice to have you back! And is that green skid steer a Bobcat?

  9. #9[-Agent-]2008-06-16 15:46

    Ha, that skidsteer is a Bobcat S175

  10. #10digger242j2008-06-16 19:58

    Ok--there's a clue! Agent, why is that Bobcat S175 green? For the same reason that the forklift and telehandler are also the same shade of green? And that reason is....? You see, just posting the pictures with the word "more" tells us nothing. Make the effort to tell us why they're green, and you've made those pictures "unique" in some way. If you don't know the answer as to why they're green then ask if somebody else knows why. That generates discussion, and gives the pictures a purpose. The first time I looked, the only thing that went through my head was, "Why am I looking at a picture of a skidsteer parked next to a porta-potty?" Now, to test this new-found insight--What's "unique" about the three trucks pictured on the road? If your answer is, "Uh, I dunno...", then why did you bother posting them? That is what Steve is trying to tell you. (And I tried to tell you in a PM earlier this morning.) Does that make sense? On edit: BTW, You're on the right track with the pics of the old IH. An uncommon piece of equipment, with some background explanation about the photos. :thumbsup

  11. #11humboldt deere2008-06-16 20:07

    Everything sunbelt has is green, seems like alot of work, especially since they are a large outfit. Makes it hard to hide a stolen unit though.

  12. #12[-Agent-]2008-06-16 20:25

    And an ugly green at that. Digger so you really just want a 'description' of the images to go with?

  13. #13digger242j2008-06-16 20:36

    Basically, yes. But it's not as simple as that. Give us something to think about, something to learn from, something to inspire fruitful discussion. Think of it like this--if it were a contest, would any of the pictures you posted above win a prize? How many of them would even get a second glance from the judges? Now, what can you change about the pictures, their content, or the discussion they generate that would make them worthy of even entering a contest? They don't all have to be winners, but you should put enough effort into them that they're something the judges will notice.

  14. #14murray832008-06-16 20:58

    Since no one has brought this up I thought I'd lend some advice on pics. I worked with a large outfit that has a zero tollerance on photography of its sites or equipment for saftey and security reasons we worked in paper mills,a refinery,lng plant and municipal water and sewer jobs if some bystander was taking pics we were asked to politely ask them to leave. Most of the operators (owners different story) on this site have most likely asked permission from those above them if they can post pictures on the internet but since your young I'd hate to see you get an earfull from a job super or owner by being near a site taking pics or looking suspicious. Or....get someone in trouble as someone took a photo of an outfit here locally posted it on the net and because of that pic WHSCC gave the company a fine as the operator was not wearing his saftey vest,all because someone posted a picture of an excavator Not trying to be an idiot or belittle you in any way as again I'd just hate to see a white hat walk up to you and ruin yer day by something so simple as a picture.

  15. #15[-Agent-]2008-06-16 23:05

    I take most of these images when no one is working. And if they are I do ask. Although most of the equipment is my neighbors, witch owns a small landscaping/construction company.

  16. #16D5G2008-06-18 18:17

    most times I ask before taking pics, BUT if I have pics that have something that would make any company look bad or is in any way possible questionable, I don't post it. All of my pics are in a private photobucket account and that is that; if I don't want anyone to see them, they dont.Just my 2 cents but great pics and keep them commin!

  17. #17bobcatmechanic2008-06-19 02:04

    sunbelt and a few others have a contract with bobcat to be painted that way from the factory so its not like they repaint them after they get them they are shipped that way i was in Georgia at perimeter bobcat back in march and saw an all bobcat orange brand new t300 the only thing charcoal was the track frames decals and bobtach it looked pretty sweet if i was gonna buy one i would look into getting one painted that way

  18. #18[-Agent-]2008-06-21 15:51

    Look at this old equipment. Not sure what they are but they were in Yakima, Wa. #1 - Old Case Excavator #2,#3 - IDK

  19. #19murray832008-06-21 16:25

    Second pic looks to be a John Deere backhoe either a C or D series,the Loader is an Allis Chalmers model not too sure of.

  20. #20[-Agent-]2008-06-21 16:36

    Thanks, I was on the way to a wedding so couldn't really stop.

  21. #21AtlasRob2008-06-21 16:47

    The first thing I thought was UH series Hitachi ! Then I saw what I thought were Deere Logo. Then I look again ! is that CASE on the counterweight? Another look, CASE on the boom! Sure this has been covered :Banghead did Hitachi provide machines for Deere in the early days ? The shovel causes a thought also as I said Muir Hill as first guess but I dont even know if they made them that size.

  22. #22murray832008-06-21 17:52

    The Case B series excavators do have that Hitachi UH look to them don't they? its possibly a 9030 or 9040.The earlier Case excavators say the 688 or 888 or even a 125 looked like Poclain's as Case owned them in their later years. I remember an early 90's Deere 892 here in the city years back that on the builders plate said it was made by Hitachi I not 100% sure on when the 2 started building together most likely would have been late 80's early 90's to the present.

  23. #23[-Agent-]2008-06-21 18:54

    How about a nice Dresser Backhoe? Not sure what year this is but it sure looked old.

  24. #24CM19952008-06-21 20:04

    Interesting, I have never seen a Dresser backhoe.:beatsme

  25. #25D5G2008-06-21 21:48

    me either but really cool none the less!

  26. #26[-Agent-]2008-06-21 22:03

    Same, But now I have.

  27. #27AtlasRob2008-06-22 16:36

    Thanks murray, I reread my post :beatsme I had a senior moment I think. Stated it had CASE on it and still carried on like it was a Deere But the more I look at it the more it says UH Hitachi. Must be the flat corners I think. I agree on the Poclain / Case link but I think of the Case 9000 series as rounder. Would love to see a plate on that Case. AGENT, look what you gone and done now, I wont be able to sleep for worryin about it

  28. #28[-Agent-]2008-09-03 21:56

    Was by there today, but tomorrow I am taking the camera. 2 HUGE mobile cranes just took apart an old bridge going across Snoqualmie River and the new bride is up. The cranes are still there are there are some excavators with shears on um. And up by the truck stop they are building a HUGE new Genie Lift plant. The cranes are pretty big.

  29. #29euclid2008-09-04 08:08

    I can say for myself two things about what I've read on this thread: 1 Agent is a well respected poster as it seems to me, you have a lot ot add given your age and experiences. 2. I don't provide any money to post here so I'm a guest and I'm grateful to be on here because I've learned heaps in the short time I've been here. As I see this deal just play by the rules and enjoy what is offered and remember that such is life we have boundaries to follow in order to inner act with others. Have a good time and enjoy life because someday you'll see it is very short and the old memory forgets more than we've learned. Cheers.

  30. #30[-Agent-]2008-09-04 22:04

    Ok? I went back down to the site today, both cranes were gone and so was the bridge. They only had one excavator left.

  31. #31Burnout2008-09-05 21:05

    The backhoe is an early generation 310D, the top of the stick is boxed which means a D with the old style graphics. The hoe looks like an early 9030 although I would almost say an original 790 from the counterweight and engine hood. The Grader is an old 570 easy to spot because of the neck and the old school John Deere nameplate on the engine hood.