Ok... so its been awhile, but I have lots more photo's and a new 973 Cam, this time from outside the machine.
Ok so how about some pictures of the ditch, and of course..... the office.
And the new video from the 973, I decided to pop the camera outside this time, it was a bit windy, but I will try to get another this week of me doin some digging with her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MXOTzvK524
Nice job, Gotta love that deep Alberta trench.. LOL
Creative video, I really like the close up of the bucket.:drinkup That '73 is one nice TL. I'd love to get into the seat of one of those some day. Call me crazy but I do enjoy backfilling main line.
Whos your office manager burnout? Looks like she keeps ya company on those long days of pushing dirt!
great pics as always, keep em commin!!
She is my assistant, and yeah she is the perfect woman... looks pretty and doesn't speak much Backfilling mainline is pretty good, but the services are the best, I cut ramps like crazy and after a couple lifts when you start cutting walls out, the ditch starts to look like a maze of tunnels. I have more pics, just gotta find some energy to post some more.
EH HEM.....If I had a penny for everytime I heard that i'd own my own D10 and be mowing peoples houses down for fun.... Nice pics! Nice to see a fellow picture taker.....!!!
I joke, but at home she is quite vocal about what she thinks, and I like it. She keeps me in line. I have a few minutes so I will find ya some more pictures.
More more more.
And some more, a 627B on our site going back on the float, 385 for the dirt crew, and a baby Komatsu owned by another company.
Oh yeah.... more yet, look at my 973.... so strong ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, and a couple of the small stubs we backfilled, with my brain dead 710 operator.
More of the 973.... ain't she a sexy beast, and finally the Komatsu....
good pics as always keep them comming
great shots of that 973. love the one with the bucket full high in the air.
nice pics Alex!The komatsu hoe looks new,is she?
i can't believe he scratched the counter weight already
Awesome pics, how do you like being on large scale earthmoving projects all the time? I know myself somedays even with a few guys around I am ready to go nuts. But maybe where you work all the guys are as good as you and never do anything that makes you scratch your head. LOL Trbo
Great photos as alwyas Burnout, any more of the dirt 385?:notworthy:notworthy I think your avatar says it all about your "office manager" Sounds familar, except for me it's scale models instead of jeep parts:beatsme:drinkup
I HAVE YET TO SCRATCH THE COUNTERWEIGHT... that was last year with another operator. I mind where my loader is going. I am waiting for a nice day with low dust to paint her up. I like working on the larger projects, I like having time to backfill a ditch myself without needing someone to help me out. As for others... well I have 2 packer operators working for me and a 710 operator that are going to drive me insane before the end of the season. On site most of the other operators keep away from me when they see me having a bad day since I am head of backfill. But they also know me to play practical jokes and today I was described as a "hardcore" operator by one of the pipelayers. I will snap some more pics for you boys tommorrow, I will be backfilling a sewer control structure with the 973 and hoepacking with a 330. Oh yeah.... and I didn't scratch the counterweight, shame on you for thinking that :bash Jim.... what more do you want to see on the dirt crews 385? I can stop by that site later on in the week and snap some pictures of her.
Is anything and everything too vague?:beatsme:notworthy Hey, in the one series of photos, it looks like both the 330 and the 375 are putting bedding material in teh trench and coming from the same stone box, is this the case or is it just my imagination?
Nice shots!! Finning sure has alot of equipment running around out your way!! How are they with service, wondering if there selling more equipment than they can keep up with.
Yeah we deal with Finning on a fairly regular basis, we just got our new auger 627G the other day from them. Service is pretty good from them, no complaints with my 973, although we have a deal with them to do our own warranty work on new equipment. Jim...Yes the 375 and the 330 are reaching into the same box, it happens quite a bit. Thats why the Volvo works like crazy to keep it full sometimes. The 375 is just grabbing sand for under the pipe and then craning in and pushing the PVC together, the 330 is strictly a sanding hoe on that run of 48" pipe. As for the pictures, I will get ya some of the short stick 385, I will even see if I can find the brand new short stick one they have.
Ok I'm back with some more pics, managed to grab a couple after wheeling the other night, but it sounds like im headed to this job tommorrow or wednesday this week to clean up for water and sewer.
Ok... a couple of our site. Ever had a concrete control structure to lift on and thought to yourself "Man... shoulda set that beast yesterday when the 385 was sittin here." Ok... maybe not everyone has a 385 sittin around on site everyday, but seriously we were thinkin this. We figured.... yeah the 330 can pick up a box 6'x8'x6' tall... suuuuuuure. We managed to get it hooked up but he couldn't lift er. So I picked up on the counterweight of the 330, he lifted until his tracks were about a foot off the ground and the slings were tight, I let him down and voila.... the structure is a foot off the ground. But the 330 couldn't swing it, so we had to let it down. Well SURELY the Volvo can pick it up, so we gave it a try... got it up to the base and then found out we couldn't turn it to line it up, and the volvo was sinking and figured it was gonna end up in the structure as well. We then tried the 973...yeah no dice. So in the end.....had to walk the 385 almost a mile across site to set a chunk of concrete.
Ok.... so now some randoms.... I got a couple of the 710... the beauty that it is, ok not really. And a real pretty D155 we have.
And the last couple of our 385, and the big doodge. The ole Furd let the boss down the other day so he got a brand new dodge for the time being.
And lastly.... 973 Cam 5. I was bored the other day when cleaning my cab, so I got out and revved the engine up and down a couple times. Real exciting im sure. But the boss makes another appearance in the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USCj08STCeU
burnout, we're looking at buying a ride on roller. pad foot because most of our soil here is clay. have you ever used a padfoot on granular material? and what kind of results did you have?
Yes we have used our Dynapac's on granular material. I had a job last year using it on 3" minus material, they were apparently brutal to sit in because of all the feedback from sitting on the rocks, but they packed half decent. On 3/4" minus they work awesome, the pads can sink into the material and pack it nicely. If laying road base for asphalt or concrete you will still need the smooth drum to get a nice finish. With the padfoot you really will love the clay, the way they manipulate the material is great.