Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment with GPS training in Alberta

Dozerdude58 · 2011-04-29 11:37

Good day everyone I had a chance at a job in which you needed to run dozer, but needed experience with GPS. Can anyone tell me if their is some kind of course in Alberta that I can take. I have 33 years experience on equipment, the last 25 years have been on a dozer. There is nothing I haven't done with a dozer, from lead cat to finishing. I have worked seismic, road building, pipeline, mining and lease building. I really enjoy finishing and think this could be a new learning curve for me. Does anyone here know of a course or company in Alberta, that can give me this type of training. Thank you all in advance.

Replies2
  1. #1hammerman2011-04-29 12:26

    Precisely thanks to your experience you won´t have any troubles with GPS,it´s very easy,and the Gps need to work together a good operator,don´t worry man,you must say that you have experience with other type gps...and all will go well.

  2. #2JimBruce422011-05-04 10:51

    Dozerdude, GPS shouldn't be any problem. Not sure if it's Trimble or some one else that the company uses, but I think they have a tutorial on their website that could help with a lot of the troubleshooting that operators have to do with the system. As hammerman said, if you are good on a dozer, GPS won't slow you down in the least.