Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment wrecks and whoops

JTL ยท 2008-12-10 15:03

Belive it or not, no one was seriously injured in any of these wrecks.

Replies20
  1. #1JTL2008-12-10 15:09

    A few more.

  2. #2JTL2008-12-10 15:18

    And some more.

  3. #3dirt digger2008-12-10 15:34

    wow that one where the bank fell in on the dozer is pretty neat

  4. #4JTL2008-12-10 15:51

    Not when your the guy sitting in the seat! Scared the life outta me. I was lucky the windows on the left side didnt blow out!Jason

  5. #5Dirtman20072008-12-10 16:13

    umm, sir.... I think your bed fell off! Did you take all those pictures? Great shots.

  6. #6curly2008-12-10 16:19

    Wow, some great shots. Thanks for sharing.

  7. #7dirt digger2008-12-10 16:49

    that was you in the cab? Yea good thing you were alright and it wasn't an open ROPS machine...any damage to the machine or did you just have to dust it off and get back to pushing?

  8. #8deere882008-12-10 19:48

    well this thread represents what insurance is for.

  9. #9alan627b2008-12-10 22:29

    My sordid story.....

  10. #10JTL2008-12-11 04:58

    Yes sir! Every picture I will post, and have posted were taken by me, or some one working on the same job as me, who gave me a copy, or took the pic with my camera. Thats me digging the muck off the D8 hood. My boss at the time took that one!

  11. #11JTL2008-12-11 05:01

    We spent about an hour with the water truck blowing the sand out of the belly pan and the stink out of the cab!

  12. #12Wilhelm9112008-12-11 13:45

    The pictures of the bank caving in on the 8 are a real eye opener! Glad you were ok after that one.

  13. #13hammerdwn202008-12-11 15:12

    a lot of great pics. glad your ok. thats a lot of money in broken equipment right there!

  14. #14JimBruce422008-12-11 19:43

    Thanks for sharing your pics JTL, I imagine the convo with your then boss was something like this: you-"hey, I've got a problem, the 8's a little... buried" boss-"on my way... holy S! are you ok?" you-"yeah, im ok, how are we getting it out?" boss-"glad you're ok. We? not so much.. here's a shovel..." Just kidding I think we've all had our opps moments. Thanks for sharing, and glad you are ok.

  15. #15jlm3352008-12-11 21:18

    :jawdrop wow, awesome pics I could only imagine some of the calls people got Employee: Umm bossman, I got the bobcat like you asked, but we got a problem, I cant get out Boss:Why not? Its not rocket science, just get out! Employee: Its upside down.. Boss: Complete silence :falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh

  16. #16bluntman410g2008-12-12 14:59

    good pics stay safe out there!

  17. #17sbrem2008-12-12 17:09

    What's the story with the body falling off the blue Kenworth?

  18. #18JTL2008-12-13 04:55

    The pin that holds the cylinder to the bed fell out on the way to the spread site. ( I actually found it driving up there to give them a hand getting the box back on the truck) The driver had the chains set for spreading the gravel, and when the weight of the material hit the tailgate, over she came! The man that owns the truck has it set up for a quick change to be a log truck. The bed is just held on with a few bolts and a sub frame. 8 bolts and it just picks off with a loader or crane of some kind. Jason

  19. #19JTL2008-12-13 05:08

    Thats pretty much how it went!! I was working in a gravel pit pushing off the top of a 100' hill. The stockpile truck driver asked me to come down and level his pile off for him. I was on my to do just that when the slope slid. I shut the engine off cause the muck had buried the air intake, pushed like mad on the right door and took off running! Since I left the key on, the radio was still on. I stood about 100' away from the cat for a few minutes, just waiting to see if it would slide anymore. All I could hear on the radio was, Jason, are you gonna come down here anytime soon? I dont have any place to dump the "A" rock. When I went back to the cat, the story was pretty much like you said!!

  20. #20thejdman042008-12-15 09:35

    ouch