Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equivalent Komatsu TO 30 final drive oil

RTCPC78 · 2024-01-29 11:07

What is an available oil that is comparable to the TO 30 Komatsu oil. I have heard that some are adding SAE 30 wt oil and my concern is that it doesn't have the proper additives for the shear loads of the planetary gears in the final drive. I have also heard 90 wt gear oil as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-01-29 11:25

    I would have thought that anything SAE30 conforming to Cat TO-4 specification ought to work because that is also a powertrain-specific oil. You are wanting to use it in an excavator final drive I assume.? Attached a Chevron document listing recommendations for both Cat & Komatsu OEM-branded lubricants. You can see that they recommend their Delo TorqForce® product as an equivalent for both Cat TDTO and Komatsu "Powertrain & micro clutch oil". https://www.chevronlubricants.com/content/dam/external/industrial/en_us/sales-material/brochures/CAT%20%20Komatsu%20CVX%20Product%20Recommendations.pdf

  2. #2RTCPC782024-01-29 12:36

    I would like to get the torqforce 30, but where to buy?

  3. #3Nige2024-01-29 13:09

    I imagine there must be a major lubricant distributor somewhere in your area. A few other options of products meeting the same specification as the Chevron Torqforce oil are Conoco Powerdrive 30, Mobiltrans HD30, and Shell Spirax S4 CX30. They are all just as good as one another.