Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Erratic T300

Dust Jockey ยท 2014-09-09 14:33

Out of the blue, I started getting code 40-28 on my T300 (~680 hrs). One of the small buttons was torn off previously, so I checked for wire and connection damage, then replaced the joystick and did a manual calibration (from forum tip). Now, I'm getting the same "40-28" and intermittent "ACS" on the display. I toggled between H and ISO patterns to move the machine to a decent place to work on it. Literally, some moments everything runs perfectly, then in the next instant I get one or both of those two codes. Sometimes tilt is ok, sometimes not. Sometimes bucket leveler is ok, sometimes not. I checked every connection and every inch of wire looking for wear. ...Clueless. Thanks very much in advance for any help. :Banghead

Replies3
  1. #1willie592014-09-09 21:02

    Welcome to HEF Dust Jockey. :drinkup Crewchief888 would probably be the person most likely who could help you with this problem. He checks in occasionally, maybe then he can offer some ideas to help.

  2. #2Dust Jockey2014-09-10 09:33

    Thanks. Will try to find him. I probably should have this thread in Track Loaders.

  3. #3crewchief8882014-09-26 20:34

    40-28 no communication to joystick? does it happen in both H and ISO patterns? any other codes being shown? :drinkup