I feel Iike esco is robbing me. I'm not used to a $1000 bill because my reeth are worn out! What are my alternatives? Can I just weld replacement teeth on? Is it better to have the bucket converted to different teeth? Maybe just buy a different bucket?
Last year my teeth on a Cat 315c were like $90/each, plus whatever the retainers were. I am sure that price has gone up since. Aftermarket teeth might be cheaper somewhere, but they aren't always worth it.
I put the flair teeth on mine this Spring U-30's and they were 165 a piece X 5 teeth. Almost 1000 dollars. I couldn't find them any cheaper.
Convert shanks to regular Cat style teeth. I'll use FC350F as a tooth example, the adapter is an F350 Price in Canada is $58 for the tooth, $60 for the adapter. If you have or know a welder it will easily pay off in no time. See pictures of teeth and adapter The FC350 is a heavier duty version of the plain 8J3350 flair tooth The SYL version is the straight tooth. Next size up is 400, then 450
I like the teeth, I love easy they are to change, but I wasn't happy about the price either. It appears that only certain dealers can sell this version of Esco teeth. I think they can keep the prices high by limiting who can sell them. The CASE dealer I use can sell Esco, but they can't sell the Ultraloc teeth.
I don't know about the sales game on teeth anymore but can say Cat cost per hour on teeth was one of the lower ones I tried years ago. The ESCO product back then outlived the other brands by about 2.5 times and cost per hour was cut almost in half when we used them. Are you having problems? Have you tried contacting ESCO direct?
I initially had loads of problems with them coming off. I figured out that someone had put u40 teeth on a bucket that called for u35. I still lose them occasionally but its at an acceptable level now. Ive had a couple of jobs that I had to dig though sandstone and I wore them dow to where it's time to replace and they want 187 dollars each for them. I have no idea how to contact esco directly but even if I did I doubt they want to hear me whine about their prices. LOL
You can spend less per unit but you will spend more in operation costs over time. You have to change shanks to use someone else’s teeth. If you do that make the sellers give you the shanks if you agree to buy a certain number of teeth.
Esco have always been expensive U30F teeth here are $213 which I guess is about $214 USD
I have ultralock's with U35 adapters. About a year ago I lost a tooth and IIRC it was about $100. I'm sure they are higher now but didn't think they would be double!!!! I also replaced all of the little locking tabs with new style ones that were supposed to be better. Have not had a tooth come off since.
You can change the rubber style to a bolt in style. I have the part number but not on me. I was loosing them like crazy burning brush piles and from digging in hard shale. Haven't lost one with the bolt on
Id like to get bolt on, especially if I can stop losing teeth.
ive unsuccesfully searched for bolt in keepers for these teeth
FWIW I know Roadbuilders in Omaha, NE had them a few months ago.
Here's a part number for the U35. Van keppel ordered them for me.
thankyou. Worked the excavator 7.8 hours today and lost 2 more teeth!
Loks like the bolt in retainers are on back order
Where are you in Oklahoma? I'm in eastern Oklahoma all the time. I have 4 extra I believe
Im near Seminole. Im about 2 hours west of fort smith. can you take paypal and put them into a USPS flat rate envelope?