Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC300LC-7L setting hydraulic pressures

Thomas Painter ยท 2022-03-28 12:45

Need some help again. Customer states machine has new pumps and control valve has been cleaned, new main relief valves, new unloading valves. Machine will not function correctly. I'm assuming none of the pressures are set correctly. Where would I even start on this machine? I am obviously inheriting a job from another mechanic, which I don't believe anyone likes. But I want to try to figure this thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Replies3
  1. #1excavator2022-03-28 13:46

    First thing is don't ever assume. Then start by finding the correct service manual and following it.

  2. #2Thomas Painter2022-03-28 14:35

    That is where I am now. Got the manual. Starting with pump standby pressure. Working on getting set correctly.

  3. #3John C.2022-03-29 11:04

    Before doing anything with the hydraulics, you need to make sure the electrical system is working properly. Check the monitor panel for codes, repair reasons for any active ones, and clear them out before you do anything else. These machine don't have a standby pressure in the traditional sense. They have load sensing which takes a differential pressure gauge or a couple of accurate gauges mounted on something so you can read them both at the same time.