I went to check out a pair of Adams graders, but wandered the whole place in wonderment. I knew i was in for something when I passed this Lorain shovel on the way in. I'd never seen a Lorain shovel, but have worked on a Lorain truck crane. The older of the two Adams, missing an engine and the entire moldboard and ring. The more recent one. It was quite complete, down to the handcrank and the big lug socket inside. It had been converted to electric start, and had last been licensed as recently as 1979. The plugs were out of it, and I gave it the old college try with the crank but the old girl is stuck. The collector had kept the exhaust and engine covered up, but moisture still gets in things in the PNW.
The levers were all free in the box, and there would be hope for somebody else to resurrect it. There were a couple of tow graders. This one is a Galion E-Z lift This much larger grader I could not identify. All the wheels moved freely, and the operator's platform was spring mounted to improve the ride. The suction hose draped across it has nothing to do with it
Lovely Crown fire engine next to a 36 coupe. Powered by a Hall-Scott The coupe is apparently all there somewhere, and everything has a title. Old chainsaw collection
Case Tractor Another Case, with the big hard fenders and dual tires. A couple of 9N's Most of the tractors are runners.
Big Cat powered genset on a skid stuffed into a trailer. Note the extra special electric start pony motor. 15 KVA genset with Murphy power. This one could come home with me
He had a thing for old log trucks and old Pete and KW cabs. He stored the latter on the rails of the former. Offroad lowboy and tractor
@Hallback I found your next production equipment! Little old Skagit yarder with a flathead V-8 Note the buckets over everything. He kept everything dry as best he could, and either drained out the coolant or made sure they had antifreeze. That flathead turned and the oil looked good. I had no reason to doubt it would run.
But wait, there's more! The Prentice Frankenshovel They claimed the tracks are from a Liebherr , and the hood looks to be off a Michigan loader. it runs and moves and smashes cars with ease.
I would love to have that 36 ford roadster. I'm still looking for a rumble seat lid for my 35 coupe and they are the same
It is for sale and has a title, as do all those trucks and even the truck cabs. If a guy had an old Pete project here is your title.
Is that the one in Little Rock?
Is that the one in Little Rock?
Yup Arkansas.
Yup Arkansas.
West of Grand Mound?
Yeah It was just a couple miles west of the highway get off at the LittleRock exit and go behind the Freightliner yard. I have the number of the guy if anybody needs it.
He has an off hwy kenworth but wants 25k for it. About 20k too much imo!
Yes completely agreed. If the stuff had been maintained and was running regularly it'd be worth some more but not that much.
Little Fuller 10 speed from behind a 427, probably a cabover looking at the linkage connection. I want to use this somewhere. Had a twin disc clutch that is also somewhere. Maybe put it behind this 4 banger Jimmy Or this 275 HP Iron Lung Cummins that is all there except the darn blower. Put them with one of those classic cabs and make a truck rat rod.
LeTorneau scraper. They already sold the multi drum dozer that went with it.
What about those finned aluminum Ford V8 Flat Head-Heads under that crappy Detroit.
GM bus with a fresh 8-71 Already gutted and ready for a conversion.
Good eye.
Prison bus-bound for the big house {Walla Walla State Penitentiary} By the way-the address for the pen is {1313 13th Street} Triva.
Zoomed in and it's got Las Vegas Express in the address window above I guess that's one way of saying it's a money pit!
The buses at the pen are fondly called the Walla Walla Express.
What does "Williams Stainless Steel" mean on the Cummins exhaust manifold?
I'd say a company by the name of Williams made some fine stainless steel exhaust castings.
You can't see it in photo because of plywood but it probably has a Williams exhaust brake or had one at one time. Could have been removed and the center section was all that is left.
Plus it has model 20 jakes, so the exhaust brake was removed.
Would that engine be something for a period build? If so hopefully somebody finds it.
The jakes and related jake parts-possibly even the rocker boxes are worth $800.00. If those are early model 20's you need the rockers also because the exhaust rocker has a special narrow foot needed for that early jake. There are H series engines around but most are junk, the external fuel lines have a tendency of rusting through also. So if those are good that's a plus.
that old horse looks to be in pretty good shape
Neat pictures @skyking1 I'm surprised you didn't spy @Spud_Monkey in there somewhere!