Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Euclid Belly Dumps

Northart ยท 2008-02-19 02:12

Here's some Euclid Belly Dumps of various size. The B-70 ,B-30, B-23 The B-70's now are being re-engined with Cat engines. The B-23 has a mechanical wheel contacting the rear tire for operating the gates.

Replies100
  1. #1Northart2008-02-19 02:17

    B-23 Gate Operator Here's a mechanical wheel that operates the gates by contacting the rear tire. No hydraulics here.

  2. #2Lashlander2008-02-19 10:27

    Hey Northart! AIC sure does like the old B-70 huh? Last I heard they were out trying to round up everyone they could find for the Anchorage port job.

  3. #3Construct'O2008-02-19 13:32

    Decal In the last picture of the decal on the side of the box.There use to be a story told about the guy pointing in the decal. Would anyone care to elaborate on that :drinkup??????:usa

  4. #4bushcat2008-02-19 13:37

    Well at least they have the parking brake set in the second last pic.

  5. #5stepp33602008-02-19 18:45

    Hey, Northart Do you have any more pictures of the B-70's. Which companies still run these rigs on the Slope? Thanks, John

  6. #6surfer-joe2008-02-19 22:05

    There's a fleet of three B-70's working just down the road a ways from my house. Rinker had them, now belong to Cemex. You see these old Euc's still working everywhere. Repowering with Cats huh? Trying to become emissions compliant I suppose.

  7. #7gd10r2008-02-19 22:35

    Im with stepp, any more photo of any old euc bellys would be appreciated. Thanks Graham

  8. #8dirtwhore2008-02-19 22:54

    Thats ol Pioneer Pete. Just Euclids way of pointing to the future of earth movers!

  9. #9Northart2008-02-19 23:44

    Euclid B-70's Hello Stepp3360, Lashlander, AIC and Alaska Frontier Cons't , maybe ?? SKW-Eskimos, have all the remaining B-70's . They have made the rounds through various owners, M-B, Green , Tennessee Miller aka Frontier Rock and Sand. I like to work with the B-70's , they give you 50 yd+ load of dirt to work with. Things get done, you can see progress. Use a Cat D9 , D10 size dozer or Cat 16H grader , and things really move along, road building . Hello Surfer-Joe, I think Emissions compliant was an after thought when replacing the Detroits. The Cat engines were such an improvement in Fuel economy and power, that even at $35,000 a pop for conversion , they jumped at it. I'm sure all the owners are converting for economic reasons. I see them passing through all the time at the local gas station, on the way to the Slope, and at NC Machinery's yard. The B-70's are just a wonderful piece of equipment for Alaska Operations. But the small market place has prohibited the reintroduction of new production models. I wish Caterpillar would build replacements along this product line. Simple tough machines. Tires and rims are a huge issue now, tough to find replacements, obsolete !! I like the Holland Clamshell type better, wish they had them up here, as the dirt freezes when traveling from the pit to dump site. The wedge shaped box, consolidates material , packing it in tighter , so it has to be bumped to discharge, by the Dozer, sometime 3-5 times depend on how hard it gets wedged in .The frosty material just seems to freeze into one solid lump when packed in and then jostled by the bouncing, when traveling to the dump site, wherever that may be . That is the drawback in winter operations. The B-23's had the little mechanical wheel, I seen one day it just spun off and rolled down the road, the driver tried to dump and NO Dump results ! LOL He went down the road and turned around and come back. Tried again, till I stopped him, told him his wheel came off and to go back and pick it up. Took awhile to get it repaired, came back and did his thing. ! Trials of equipment failures in dirt working. LOL

  10. #10Northart2008-02-20 01:15

    B-70 Belly Dumps on the Dalton Hwy '06 More operational Euclid B-70 pictures for the readers. This was on the Dalton Hwy, below the Yukon River, 36 to 48 mile ? area. 12 mile road job. Pictures are of the Isom Creek cut and fill area.

  11. #11Northart2008-02-20 01:26

    B-70 Part 2 Same job site. Isom Creek Cut brought down to Finish grade and fill also. Note the different geological formations ! 2nd pix is of a broken spindle on a B-70. Welder was brought in and repaired it. 2 Cat 988 loaders load the B-70's , then the B-70's run over the scales for pay tonnage. Forgot the tonnage !! CRS :beatsme

  12. #12Northart2008-02-20 01:32

    B-70 Part 3 Same job Dalton Hwy '06 . 2 Cat 988 Loaders working , loading B-70's in the pit, drilled and shot weak rock .

  13. #13bushcat2008-02-20 08:48

    Real nice pics you posted Northart.

  14. #14Lashlander2008-02-20 10:42

    Real nice pics! Hey were you working on the Hicks creek job last season?

  15. #15Northart2008-02-20 11:00

    Job Hello Lashlander, No, I went over to Anvik, an airport job. Hicks Creek is the last major challenging rock job on the Glenn. Everyone will be happy when that is done. They dumped a Manitowoc 777 crane over there. Not good.

  16. #16Lashlander2008-02-20 11:21

    I was kinda wondering if you had any pics of it. I saw a few up at Palmer but never got to keep any. Pics are pretty tight on it. I knew a Pilebuck on the job, he said within minutes of it going over someone was scraping the company stickers off. It was a sad site. I really hate to see things like that happen.

  17. #17ConstSite2008-02-20 13:35

    Great photos! There is just something about an old Euclid. - Chris

  18. #18stepp33602008-02-20 17:49

    Northart, Thanks for the great pictures! Keep them coming! Whom is doing the Glenn Highway rock job. Is Hicks creek near Sutton? John

  19. #19637slayer2008-02-20 20:38

    great pics:thumbsup:thumbsup, the pic of the slope, is that how you guys do all your steeper slopes? looks like some beautiful scenery there, i would like to visit your state someday.

  20. #20Northart2008-02-20 21:35

    Slope build ? Hello 637slayer, On that job most backslopes were bench cuts, because of silt soils and narrow ROW . Believe it or not in that country there is somebody that owns property. And the Feds would not buy:Banghead enough ROW for shallower slopes. Lower 48 rules !! Just cost more to build bench cuts . What fools ! LOL Anyway that is Bureaucracy ! LOL They control the pursue strings and design. I'll try and show you later how major cut slopes are done.

  21. #21Northart2008-02-20 21:38

    Hicks Creek job Hi John, AIC has the Hicks Creek job, it's east of Sutton. Just about every contractor has had their turn on the Glenn over the years.

  22. #22gd10r2008-02-20 22:21

    Northart, thanks a bunch gotta love the old eucs still in use. Thanks for sharing them. G

  23. #23Northart2008-02-21 01:46

    Repowered Euc's Here's a few repowered Euc's with new Cat engines. http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-56906348.html The above link is just an article I found. Don't know if the repowered ones I'm showing are of the same conversion.

  24. #24Northart2008-02-21 01:51

    B-70 Water Wagon A B-70 Water Wagon. Get lot of water from this guy.

  25. #25bobcat ron2008-02-21 16:41

    That 3rd pic in the first set of pics, there looks like what appears to be a large pipe sticking out in the back, is that the coupling system?

  26. #26AK202008-02-21 18:14

    I just flew back in from the slope last night, as of yesterday most the B-70's up there are still in AIC or AFC's yards...

  27. #27Dusty2008-02-21 19:04

    nice pics

  28. #28Northart2008-02-21 21:25

    Bolster Pin Hello Bobcat ron, That is the bolster pin just like a freight sled or farm wagon. Goose neck drops down on it. Like King pin on a truck and trailer for another way to say it.

  29. #29BIGBEN20042008-02-22 11:30

    Why do the tires on the trailer have white and red paint on the sidewalls?

  30. #30hope2008-02-22 11:44

    hope Wanting to know what you are asking for the B-30's? [email protected]

  31. #31Northart2008-02-22 11:47

    Painted tires ? Bigben2004, The trailer tires are painted with slash marks , so drivers can look in the mirrors, and see if the wheels are turning or brakes froze up, and skidding. Trick for Cold Weather Operations. Much like the scraper tires are painted with slash marks for the Foreman to see if Operator is spinning tires.

  32. #32Northart2008-02-22 11:56

    B-30 Hello Hope, The B-30, B-23 pictures are from the internet. I worked for different companies that had B-70's , B-23's and another model I forget. Not B-30's. I don't own any of that equiment.

  33. #33hope2008-02-22 13:04

    hope Do you know of anyone who may have B-30's?

  34. #34Northart2008-02-22 17:30

    B-30's for sale Hello Hope, Seeing your from Texas, maybe you already own some B-30's , or know of these people. http://www.earthmoverssupply.com/ B-30 parts Other sources that might be able to help; www.thefairfaxcompanies.com www.machinerytrader.com www.oloughlin-co.com www.cgaequipment.com There also is a bunch of dead B-23's ? in the Fairbanks , Alaska area that I 've seen. Might try calling or find out from K&K Recycling, Bernie Karl. Of Fairbanks , Alaska. He's a wheeler and dealer in junk. I don't have an address or phone number for him. That's all the likliest info I have, Good luck, Northart

  35. #35hope2008-02-22 18:53

    Hello Northart! Thanks for your reply. I will check all of it out. Have a good weekend! Hope

  36. #36AK202008-02-24 17:52

    K & K Recycling Mi 8.5 Old Richardson Hwy North Pole, AK 99705 907-488-1409 Haven't been by there in awhile so I'm not sure what he has on site, but like Northart said he might have some leads for you if you looking. On a site note, I did just see one yesterday in North Pole at one of the welding shops having some work done to the trailer.

  37. #37Countryboy2008-02-24 21:54

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums hope! :drinkup

  38. #38Big Iron2008-02-24 22:03

    heres an e-mail for Bernie I used to have his cell i'll check my laptop at the office tomorow. Northart your right about 1 thing if its junk in AK he'll know where its at! [email protected] K&K RECYCLING, INC. P.O. BOX 58055 FAIRBANKS, ALASKA 99711 Phone: (907) 488-1409 Fax: (907) 488-4058

  39. #39gd10r2008-02-24 23:23

    Northart, again thanks, awesome shots of fantastic machines, small enough to actually make a contractor money, but not so big that they are impossible to find or own. Does anyone know if this tractor was set up with a scraper, been looking through my Euc stuff tonight, was it an SS-24, SS-28 or SS-40? Thanks, Graham

  40. #40JDOFMEMI2008-02-25 02:10

    Graham I believe the B-70 is the same tractor as the SS-40, but I am not 100% on that

  41. #41Northart2008-03-17 02:56

    B-70 being hauled Just seen one going up the road the other day. One I used to work with many times.

  42. #42stretch2008-03-24 16:07

    Nice pics Northart...green iron never dies!

  43. #43Dozerboy2008-03-24 19:48

    Ya its hard to kill it when its always hiding in the grass.

  44. #44Northart2008-03-25 02:59

    Green Iron ? HuH ? The B-70's are something else, in a class by themselves, with no competition. Perhaps by the combo Athey and Cat 768's . I worked with the B-70's spreads ( various contractors ) over many years, as the equipment went from one contractor to another. They are extremely well suited for the work in our contracting environment. I sincerely wish Caterpillar would entertain a new product to compete. I know it is a limited market place but ???? Make it happen ! Globally the market is there.

  45. #45petersfamilytru2008-04-04 13:15

    Childhood Memories Wow, the second to last picture on the first page of this thread brings back childhood memories... We had a Euclid scraper with the same cab when I was a kid... We called it "The Green Machine" and it moved a lot of dirt. I'd be on an old Michigan and my brother would run up behind me in the Euclid and ram me. The poor old girl went to the scrap yard, in pieces, about 3 months ago.

  46. #46euclid2008-04-07 08:33

    old euclid This is a really cool thread about the B-70 and the re-tooling new Cat motors. I never operated those but I did operate a 1952 that had the 2-stroke Detroit and the 5 speed stick for over 3 years! I can tell you the original cold weather starting equipment didn't work and the ether did! Sometimes I'd have a hard time with keeping my air pressure up so I could dump and also close my bottom doors. I have had to use a rod to spin the dump actuator to drop a load. And I'll say I didn't get bit doing such a dangerous job. We didn't have any power steering it was all armstrong, and the air clutch would work sometimes, and my brakes....well I can say if it weren't for my e-brake I wouldn't have any. I had major leaks in the air biscuits or whatever they are called so I used my brakes when I needed them in a last ditch effort to stop! Since I don't know how to insert pictures from my computer to this site I guess you'll have to refer to my avatar back in 1994.

  47. #47euclid2008-04-07 10:45

    Old Iron I have a few pictures here and the first picture is back in 1993, next is of me and my friend back in 1985, and the last is a picture I got off ebay a while back. I regret the fact I didn't get more pictures of me running equipment because these old pieces are a dying breed.

  48. #48alan627b2008-04-07 14:53

    I saw a Euclid side dump at a large scrap dealer in Phoenix Arizona, that Kiewit has their hand in 2 weeks ago while I was on vacation. Between upper and lower Buckeye down in the area where all the auto salvage yards are. Not sure what model exactly, thought this might help if someone lives out there. Happy hunting, thanks for the pics! alan627b

  49. #49euclid2008-04-29 10:08

    I found another photo of me back in 1994.

  50. #50YankeeFlasher2008-05-22 21:13

    WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? Interested in any bottom/side dumpers or holland haulers, >100t capacity?? Does anyone have one two...ten??? Tom Williams

  51. #51EUC-B302008-07-27 14:38

    B-30's and 23-TDT's Northart, The pics of the B-30's are great - did you get them from www.earthmoverssupply.com ? Just teasing ! thrilled to see my pictures posted somewhere else !!!! Do you operate some B-70's ? You seem to know quite a bit about them. -kenb

  52. #52EUC-B302008-07-27 14:49

    The B-70 size trailer is still available NEW - could be matched up with a NEW 769 Cat or 400 Series Euc - If you know of someone needing them, let me know -kenb www.earthmoverssupply.com

  53. #53EUC-B302008-07-27 14:54

    CAT ENGINES in EUCLID B-70's Northart, I am curious if you know why everyone up north chose to re-power with CAT ENGINES - ............ --- just DON'T SEEM RIGHT ! A EUC needs a DETROIT in it ! All of the B-70 203-LDT's in TEXAS have been repowered with 60 Series Detroits. seems like a much nicer fit to a ALLISON RANSMISSION. -kenb www.earthmoverssupply.com

  54. #54Lashlander2008-07-27 15:28

    Northart is on a runway job in western Ak. It may take a while for him to answer you as I doubt he has internet access.

  55. #55Northart2008-10-21 02:42

    Euclids Hi EUC-B30, Well now , I'll have time to make the replies , as my season is done. These are at the Minto Airport job. I seen some B- 23's in Fairbanks , in some lot, way in the back . Gate was locked and 1' of snow on the ground, but I wrote the phone numbers down, said "Equipment For Sale " Ph 907-322-5980, 907-590-0833, 907-488-2700 3 sets of numbers, so one of them has to be good. Just in case anyone is interested. Don't know why ? the repower choice. Quality Asphalt Paving did hook up their B-70 trailers to their Cat 773 tractors. So I heard. For the Port of Anchorage job.

  56. #56alan627b2008-10-21 04:21

    This is sort of related, found this pic of an old Euc, probably a scraper tractor, converted to a roller! I found this Googling, on an old auction site. Euclid Model 23TD SN#T24376 Compare it to the 630B similarly converted, probably with Hyster wheels. I've also seen a DW20 converted like this. alan627b

  57. #57alan627b2008-11-10 14:18

    Robbed a few pics off of Ebay form brochure auctions you might enjoy....

  58. #58alan627b2008-11-10 14:22

    I'm not done yet....

  59. #59euclid2008-11-12 07:06

    I ran a Euclid for a number of years and what'd I'd do to run one just once more!

  60. #60Northart2008-12-05 00:50

    Flat tire on B-70 Just to show how the tires are changed , a few pix,

  61. #61euclid2008-12-05 06:28

    Pretty amazing, I bet that job would suck during the real cold periods. Are those cabs heated? When I was running the open cap I'd heat my hands off the exhaust in between runs, damn cold man running in 5th gear hammer down!

  62. #62Northart2008-12-05 12:54

    Maintenance ? Yes, they have heated cabs . We've moved out of the stone age . LOL Changing tires is done on the job, outdoors . No shops on the job. Just parts vans,trailers. Sometimes if the job is a long one, then temporary tents are erected.

  63. #63Northart2008-12-06 19:21

    B-70 Dumping For the readers that have not seen the B-70's in action, here's how they dump. The gates can be controlled to dump wide open, or anywhere in between to give a skinny windrow,medium windrow, or heavy windrow. To get the largest pile in one spot, they stop and open the gates wide open and the 16G or 9 pushes them off. This tactic is used when , you need to shove off the road, as in building slopes . Or waste material (mud) at a dump. Usually a Cat 16G or Cat D9N take care of the fill, this day , happened to be a Cat D8T ,as the Cat 16G was in for maintenance work.

  64. #64graemets32009-01-06 23:57

    Apparently, as the story goes, the guy in the decal, that's Euclid's Pioneer Pete, pointing to the direction of the work shop for all the Cat operators.

  65. #65Gavin84w2009-01-07 06:10

    HaHa i like that!! I remember going with my dads tyre fitters as a kid to do these belly dump tyres at a big quarry on the outskirts of Sydney and they were Eucs with the wheel on the trailer tyre to open the gates. You would often go down to the quarry and in the middle of a perfectly good haulroad there was a perfect load dumped there, of course it was not put there by choice but some failure of the control mechanism and the wheel had dropped onto the tyre and emtied the load. If i remember right the tyre size was a 27.00 x 33 and tube type!! Every tyre fitter earned there keep on them as just manhandling the tube and rustband that big was a job. I will never forget how big that tube would blow up when on its own, if you could get it out in the surf i reckon you could sit 50 people around it, just slightly bigger than a grader tyre tube!!!

  66. #66JTL2009-01-08 02:19

    Good one!:drinkup I worked for a crushing outfit a few years ago that had an old R-35 end dump. Some one had wrote "This way to the shop." above Pete's hand with a Sharpie. Priceless!! Jason

  67. #67Northart2009-01-10 15:58

    R-35 R-35 , wow , been a long time since I seen one. They were popular during the 70's , a sturdy , reliable , tough truck. The Cat 769's took over , and since that, now the ADT's .

  68. #68daalaska2009-03-07 17:52

    I was working on hicks creek job with the b70

  69. #69manish2009-10-14 00:16

    surplus part for EUCLID B70 IF ANYONE WANTS ANY PARTS FOR B70 DUMPERS WE CAN HELP THEM. IN INDIA LOTS OF SURPLUS PARTS ARE AVAILABLE. MAIL ME ON [email protected]

  70. #70euclid2009-10-14 08:13

    How did India end up with all these old uke parts? Was this surplus iron to be melted down to other uses? Just curious how this works. heard from a guy some years ago that a lot of heavy iron was being sold off to China and India as a way to for them to do the iron works and make other things or return the iron as huge bulk pieces for use in the US.

  71. #71manish2009-10-14 14:47

    hi there! we had 100s of them working in one of our hydro electric project therefore lot of new surplus parts are there. they were powered with detroit diesel 12v71 engines and allison clbt 5961 transmissions.

  72. #72euclid2009-10-23 10:21

    Well were the workers locals of foreign operators? I ask this question because those old ukes would give a fella one heck of a work out. And I've never seen really big indians in my worldly travels and with armstrong steering and maybe the air clutches working it was a handful any given day. In fact I used to have to operate our uke because the other two guys weren't strong enough. They got a lot of shovel work because they couldn't drive.....

  73. #73stinkycat2009-10-29 22:17

    LL eucs I lived in Silver Bell AZ and tthe mine had 15 plus Double LL's and what wonderful sound of 2 dd engines

  74. #74Louis 955 jr2009-12-08 20:06

    Those machines look pretty fun to run.

  75. #75wall2009-12-12 09:55

    The Mangala Damn project in Pakistan,, one off the largest equipment purchases ever. I have some pics but can not post attachments

  76. #76wall2009-12-12 10:00

    Here's the thread

  77. #77JDOFMEMI2009-12-12 14:00

    Wall Welcome, and don't give up. It takes 3 posts to be able to add any attachments. Keeps the robots from spamming the site to death. I would love to see the pictures you have. I have seen some, but would like to know more. It's hard to imagine that much iron on one site.

  78. #78JASON M2010-01-04 21:57

    Dude!!!!!!!!!......................... I AM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW, THAT TEARS ARE COMING OUT OF MY EYEBALLS!!!! The wife just came in and asked me, "What's Wrong?"

  79. #79JASON M2010-01-04 22:09

    If I can make myself quit laughing, this is my only experience with some Euc belly dumps. My dad, my shop sup't, Cajun dirt Sup't, and myself were attending a big auction in a neighboring small town. The owner was retiring, and trying to sell every piece of const. eqt that he had. Of all eqt out on the spread, Nobody, and I mean Nobody, even took a look at the (5) old Euc belly dump units (smaller capacity, prob 20 cy, if I had to guess, with the clam-shell drive wheel rubbing on the rear tire) he had sitting out under a patch of Pine trees. Ingenious as we think we are, we thought to ourselves, "Man, we might be able to buy that stuff and put it to work" Then, immediately, my very old-fashioned dirt sup't, w/ LOTS of experience w/ the Euc belly dumps said in his best Cajun voice, "Uhhhhh-uhhhhhh T-Mack, please don't buy dat stuff.......... we don't have any black people to rund dat stuff"........... "A white man can't run dat all day" I know this is so stereotypical South......... but he really believed what he said and that's what makes it so hilarious. Those rigs must have really made you yearn for supper at quitting time.

  80. #80euclid2011-03-21 10:56

    Well in my youth I could run with the bestof them, although I was up in the panhandle of texas and no down in the swamps of Louisiana. BTW where abouts are those belly dumps? I'm up in Arkansas a little above El Dorado. I'd like to see those old piecs if they are still around.

  81. #81621_Rocker2012-02-16 02:35

    I found a short video clip that shows a Euclid belly dump being loaded by an old cable shovel back in 1956. http://www.criticalpast.com/video/6...uction-engineers_dump-truck_loader-loads-dirt

  82. #82trucklover2012-04-28 16:35

    great pictures guys! i really enjoyed them! These belly dumps have always caught my eye and as a scale modeler I might just attempt to make one of these for my collection!

  83. #83Scrub Puller2012-04-28 17:25

    Yair . . . Great pictures in those links above . . . one is the only shot I have ever seen of a push cat "sliding on" as we used to call it. This was discussed in a push loading thread a while back. Cheers.

  84. #84621_Rocker2012-08-27 02:02

    Cat-Athey Bellies PW660 100 Ton At the Ritchie Brothers Auction this Thursday in Gillette, Wyoming, there are a number of Athey PW660 setups that are set up to be pulled by Cat triple sevens. If you have a Ritchie Bros. account you can see the pictures of lots 77, 78, 80, & 96 or look at the link: http://www.rockanddirt.com/search?l0=trailers&l1=ATHEY&l2=none&l3=invnum=4153582 I like the concept of these large bellies. I would like to use them in a big cut with a Holland loader. As long as you are not dealing with to big of rocks I would think that these bellies can be very effective in large cuts and hauling fair distances to fill areas on sight. These bellies were originally designed to be pulled by Cat 660s. I chose to post on this thread but I could have just as well posted on these other threads: HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums

  85. #85Buckethead2012-08-27 23:47

    I remember that thread. Do you mean the pic of the D9 getting on the other D9 in front of it?

  86. #86Scrub Puller2012-08-28 02:41

    Yair . . . Buckethead. I don't have time to check through those links mate and I can't remember what which picture I was alluding to. "Sliding on" was picking up a scraper at a slight angle so initial contact was across the push block and then as the tractor lined up you released the clutch and decell and made some smoke . . . bit hard to describe but once you got it right it worked a treat, very smooth, no jerks . . . had to keep those scraper hands happy y'know. LOL. Cheers

  87. #87gd10r2012-10-09 17:41

    I went to the auction site the weekend before the Gillette auction, great looking iron I will find time to post pics soon. G

  88. #88621_Rocker2012-12-19 04:15

    Did you get any pictures gd10r?

  89. #89Tvan2012-12-20 18:50

    Here is some video of B-70 spread working on the Alaska Hwy in the 1990's this was M-B contractings last Big dirt job. http://youtu.be/gGQNrCA2pNg

  90. #90stepp33602012-12-20 21:28

    Thanks Tommy for posting this great video.

  91. #91mkimes2013-07-11 18:21

    Hello, Can anybody advise if they have recently seen Euclid B70's being run in Ohio. Plus I heard there are a few in Canada. I am aware of the Alaskan ones, but I am looking for some in the lower 48 or Canada. Thanks...

  92. #92oldtom2013-07-12 15:10

    way back to the workshop at least in later year post 1968.

  93. #93Wyo-Bob2013-07-14 01:18
  94. #94Tvan2013-07-14 12:40

    At one time there was quite a few in AZ and Texas, I know some of the ones in Alska came out of Tenn.

  95. #95mowingman2013-07-24 13:02

    Texas Industries recently had a couple of B70's still in operation at sand and gravel plants. Possibly a couple of B30's also. Back in the 80's, at TXI, we had about 10 B70's and 5 or 6 B30's in operation at our sand plants. I left in 1990, so don't know what happened to them all. As far as I know, the last 2 B70's purchesed by TXI, were purchased used, in about 1987 or 88. I went up to Montreal, Canada and purchased them for the company, from Mussens Equipment. We had them loaded on flatcars and shipped by rail down to Texas. All the TXI B70's had big single wheels, no duals, all had Detroit power, and all had enclosed cabs. Great machines.

  96. #96d9gdon2013-07-24 13:43

    There were a couple of these Euclids in operation at the sand plant between Meridian and Burleson a couple of years ago. I think Trinity Industries owns that plant.

  97. #9772hayes2013-08-11 00:17

    does anyone know what happened to the Euc belly dumps that were in Moses Lake Washington. there was a yard full of them for years and then one day they were all gone. Doug

  98. #98TNCINC2014-03-21 02:25

    Does anyone know where I can buy a few B70's? There is non in Alaska for sale

  99. #99akpolaris2014-03-21 03:36

    I think AFC is got them all working at Alpine.

  100. #100TNCINC2014-03-21 04:34

    Yea I was hoping to find some in the lower 48 and bring them up.