Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Euclid track adjusters

vintex ยท 2015-07-05 06:06

Can any one tell me the contents of aTC12 track adjuster I pressume its a nitrogen /grease set up judging by the fittings, what goes wrong with them and can they be repaired

Replies11
  1. #1Bob/Ont2015-07-05 08:31

    I believe they are forced forward with nitrogen and the adjustment is done by grease forced in to back the track off. Should be repairable. Later Bob

  2. #2Meangreen2015-07-05 14:45

    Yes they can be repaired. Bob is correct on adjustments. Nitrogen pressures for track cylinders for a C-6/82-30 is 1750 PSI and 82-40 is 2250 PSI. I don't know what the pressure is for a TC-12/82-80.

  3. #3vintex2015-07-05 21:13

    Thanks guys I didn't look at it that way, got gas in the grease,so I'm guessing they might need new seals ,must work something like a strut on a dump truck

  4. #4Meangreen2015-07-06 07:59

    Over a period of time, usually years, the pressure in the track cylinders will get low. Low pressure will allow the cylinder to suck in air around the front end when the idler is pushed back by something. This can account for the air(?) in the grease. I would load the cylinder to proper pressure with nitrogen, adjust track and see if that solves the problems and to see if the cylinder stays charged before I would take the cylinder off. The valve on the rear of the cylinder(Looks like ordinary tire air valve) is where you put in nitrogen and the one on the front is where you let out grease to tighten track. If it's still there and the ROPS cab doesn't obscure it, there should be a brass plate beside the serial # plate on left fender with proper track cylinder pressure.

  5. #5tctractors2015-07-06 15:49

    The charging chuck is what CAT call the No2 charge fitting, it took a time for the others to follow the green lead even Bell dumpers use them?? Meangreen has posted some good advice well worth following as all it will cost is a whiff of wind (Nitrogen) you don't need a fancy set up to charge things, just a high pressure tap and gauge going onto the chuck, then from the tap to the bottle all you need is a pipe and fitting then jiggle the bottle valve as required. tctractors

  6. #6vintex2015-07-06 19:11

    Thanks guys mine has a large button grease nipple on the idler end and beside that is a normal grease nipple and the nitrogen valve

  7. #7Welder Dave2015-07-06 23:55

    You have a TC12? Lets see some pictures, there can't be too many of them out there.

  8. #8Meangreen2015-07-07 09:06

    The button fitting is where you put grease in the cylinder to loosen the track and the brass fitting beside it(what you called a nitrogen valve) is where you let grease out to tighten the tracks. To let grease out, use the brass fitting you called a nitrogen valve. The brass stem is in a steel nut. In the USA that nut is 5/8". You break the steel nut loose then turn it until it gets a little difficult again. At this point you are about to release grease if you turn it any more....turn slowly until grease starts coming out. The fitting for charging/filling the track cylinder with nitrogen is on the end opposite of the idler near the sprocket.

  9. #9td9clyde2017-02-10 01:26

    I have the same thing on both of my 30's. Anyone know where I can find a tc 12? If so any leads would be great, thank you

  10. #10td9clyde2019-02-23 22:51

    Cancel my last post from 2 years ago, I found one and redid it...they are really neat machines.

  11. #11Welder Dave2019-02-24 01:16

    Pictures and video's please.