Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ever Heard Of A 3206 Caterpillar

CAT793 ยท 2008-11-17 13:21

Wondering if anyone on here has ever heard of caterpillar building a 3206 engine?

Replies11
  1. #1Gavin84w2008-11-17 16:55

    Yes i have funnily enough!!

  2. #2stumpjumper832008-11-17 18:09

    I've seen a few of them, are you looking for manuals or parts?

  3. #3CAT7932008-11-17 19:33

    Just being cheeky!! I had never heard of one either but a Friend of Gav and I just came back from a tour of Jimmy Caterpilllars house with pictures! Will post soon!

  4. #4Haul-Pak2008-11-17 19:36

    Must ba an Aussie thing? :beatsme Pics please ...

  5. #5surfer-joe2008-11-17 22:39

    Must be, I never heard or or saw a 3206. Gad, the 3204's and 3208's were bad enough. I wouldn't be surprised though if Cat didn't try the concept in some out of the spotlight place like down under -- way down under......

  6. #6CAT7932008-11-18 05:05
  7. #7roddyo2008-11-18 11:47

    The 3206 They put a lot of them in TopKick sized trucks. Grossly underpowered almost as bad as a 8.2 liter Detroit.

  8. #8CAT7932008-11-18 13:25

    Doubt it they only ever made 3 of them. Damn Can't get pictures to work (any tips ??)

  9. #9roddyo2008-11-18 13:45

    ???????????????

  10. #10Haul-Pak2008-11-18 17:46

    Oh well there you have it! Thanks for the picture's Mate.

  11. #11roddyo2008-11-18 18:54

    Opps. Opps wasn't paying attention. ointhead I thought it was a 3208. Sorry