Recently put a new set of 29.5R25 tires on my Cat 980M loader. Installation all went smooth and we didn't even notice any issue until hours later. Just happened to be standing next to one of the new tires when we heard a slight hissing sound. Ended up finding a tiny pinhole right in the sidewall. How could something like this even be possible on such a heavy duty and thick tire? The company is going to warranty a replacement but Im still curious if anyone has ever seen something like this before!
It might be interesting to check the Date Code on the tyre. The surface looks as if it has been stored outside in sunlight. Or it could simply be down to quality control (or lack thereof) in the manufacturing process.
I've seen several tires branded with the "Double Coin" name and be deficient brand new. This in truck tires sizes. I've been told to avoid the brand by my tire vendor who no longer sells them.
I'd never heard of the brand. I suspect it's Chinese.? If so all bets are off.
Yes, chinese. However, I thought they only made truck and trailer size tires. Did not realize they were into larger sizes such as off-road.
Stamped "Made in Thailand"
Yes they are stamped Made in Thailand. Our local tire shop actually sells a lot of them...
The ones I've seen have been made in China.
Must be time to break out the tube of silicon. I am actually doing this on UTV tyres where we are getting endless sidewall punctures and patches/plugs do not seem to work there.
DC's-Double Coins were not to bad in the beginning, there were some tread cracking issues but those got resolved. But the casing molds are worn out now and Balance issues are a pound not ounces. The DC 150's have become a real problem. The DC 400 drives seem fine. A tire that's one to stay away from is Falkin.
Just because it's stamped made in Thailand doesn't mean it was.. The DC's a friend of mine sells are made in China. I never bought any.
Correct-DC's are made in China and with the tariffs cost as much or more than many other brands. So there is not much reason to buy them.
There's 2 double coin 17.5s on our tag along I'm waiting for them to explode along with the other 6 there 17.5s sooo
Double Coin are common in 22.5s around here as well. Along with every other Chinese brand or many Southeast Asian countries.
Is there an "exit hole" ?
Even though it's a pin hole-lucky it didn't zipper.
Double Coin is pretty common around here on equipment. I've seen them a lot on graders. It wasn't too long ago that you bought what you could get.