Thought I might show what works for me, and why. A one man one tractor operation, primarily clearing and fence rows. Everything gets burnt, so the less dirt in the pile the better. Everything is pushed to the fire with the rake. While pushing, I roll the push pile to shake out all the dirt I can, and to break it up and pack it tighter. Anything 6" and bigger I try to split. It burns better, and I got no root ball. I see the guys on here using the KG shearing blades, but for my application and area, I don't think so. I don't want roots or trees sheared off. Our soil takes years to rot the roots, and I want the farmer to be able to till or ditch right behind me. The splitter is 11/2 4140, built myself and improved on from past ones. I want to split, but not shear. Most bigger roots or pieces catch in the pocket between horizontal wedge/ brace and cutting edge. Pulls em right out. Splitter also lets me work right along side fence line. I can hook and turn and pull trees right away from fence. Also works to hook and control direction of fall. Rake was for a 7R, mounts modified to fit this F. On and off in bout 5 minutes myself. Wish the rake teeth were more vertical, has a tendancy to carry dirt. I can gain a little vertical by going bout 16 turns on the left blade brace. That helps. The rake was what we could find at the time, and is hell for stout. Just what works for me...
That splitter, is it really only held on by those 7 bolts on the side and 2 or 3 on the front?
Looks like very useful setup
7 on the side, 7 in the corner. I used 1" hot roll to mount where the corner bit goes. All bolts are 7/8 Cat.
Far cheaper than a purpose built rake . If anything your tines are steep and would limit how much vegetation it could carry . https://www.trademe.co.nz/business-...23.htm?rsqid=a70a82ecff234592b147695c4a765ffe this fella paid 80 thousand to have them built .
Man.. I could use something like that to get all the pine roots outta my yard..
That's all computer generated . It never happened . No one saw nothin and we aint talkin . LOL ! Nice blade attachment sled dog !
Birken, maybe this will show mount a little better. Also, there is a chunk of 1 1/2 welded to inside vertical of splitter that rests against vertical blade edge so bolts don't take all the strain.