VOLVO EW 160 B Excavator. Serial number EW160bv8731074 I am using my excavator on Manual mode as it has a problem with a TECU . The machine doesn't move in Auto mode " No crawling " Today all of a sudden the engine stalled and the iecu is showing lines with two computer's and a cross indicating a broken connection to me it looks like its says no comuniction between computers . Its also says ECU on screen. I cranked, cranked and cranked but it didn't start . I checked all the wires for damage , all the relays, all connections to all rhe computers. Foud all normal. Please advice.
That icon indicates loss of communication between computers. Odds are the V-ECU has failed or lost power. If you scroll down, you should be able to access the code(s) . I'm guessing something along the lines of 128-231-9 or 128-250-9 or-12. The IECU is functioning, obviously, we just gotta figure out who else is not cooperating.
I will re check all the connections . Please advice how can i move the machine out from the site as it dosen't fire up even on manual mode. Any place i can find used VECU and TECU .
Code is 187 sid 231 9 The batteries some how got drained completely i had to recharge them again to get the code .
That indicates that the V-ECU has failed or lost communication. You stated that you were running in bypass mode. Sometimes the contacts in those switches get dirty. I would advise to check and exercise the switch back and forth several times. Additionally, make sure that the manual throttle switch is in run position. Will provide more info later.
Thanx
Good day It sounds like you have some serious issues with the electronics do you have a dealer nearby that could be the best solution after you recharge those batteries, it will be no use continuing to crank the engine if it will not fire. The engine ECU is the only electronic component that is likely to prevent the engine stating I suggest you focus on getting the engine to run first. It may be worth looking at the history -Jump starting - Welding are prime cause for such failures. I would endorse Fun with Fuel comments I have known the cable to break from the switch. Hope it is of help Regards Uffex
Here's step 1, unfortunately it's looking like more than basic tools.
This all could lead back to bad relays 3101 or ignition switch.
No welding , but i jumped the excavator battery with my trucks battery with leads at + - , with the truck engine running a day or so ago . The machine has been running and working in manual mode afterwords for couple of hours , before it stalled . When i opened the engine cover it had diesel spilled all over at the side of the engine from nozzle numbr 3 thats why i thought that may be it got air locked. But dont know why its giving the code and no communication simbol . The machine has a history of no communication symbol and code . Was intermittent. Come and go but machine never stoped . Do you have any idea where to get used TECU , VECU and ECU as the new units are dam expensive.
Verify relays are functional first. Common problem with loss of communication.
Maybe this will help
Any more than this, I'm gonna advise calling the dealer. ECUs can be quite expensive and used may be a crapshoot. You may inherit someone else's problem.
Good day You have not mentioned if you have checked out the switch that FWF suggested, as he stated going with a guess of ECU replacement is not a good bet ,be less expensive to get some dealer help. Jump starting is a known killer of electronic control units so I suggest you avoid that if at all possible. Low battery power will make some strange errors make sure the power levels are correct. KR Uffex
Check the connection cables
Hi Thank you for your help . Today i checked the fuze box, fuze 7 was blown i installed 15 amps fuze which i had available. The no comuniction error and the symbol of disconnected ECU got cleared . The machine started . Worked for 4 hrs aprox and the fuse got blown again . Engine stalled . I had 25 Amps fuse , installed and the machine started working again fine in manual mode . As told previously my TECU has fault so the machine doesn't crawl auto mode . Looking for some refurbished unit but dint find any yet .
by placing a higher capacity fuse in the circuit, you are asking for serious trouble. You are either going to burn a trace on your printed circuit, or cause a severe failure in your harness. I would be content with replacing the weaker fuse until I get the problem remedied. I understand you've resigned yourself to a T-ECU, but why invite a host of other problems over a 40 cent fuse.
Good day FWF comments are right on the nose dare I say the action described is an expensive risk that will cost you more in the long run. Kind regards Uffex
Good day Please see attached
Hi any advices for 187 SID 250 9 please
Good day See attached. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you i will check all the connections.