I'm looking at a 325BL but can't figure out what this was used for on the front right side. Looks like a factory option to hang a bunch of hoses...but no idea what hoses or the purpose. What is it?
As you rightly say it looks like storage for a hose(s) of some sort. Does the excavator have the attachment refuelling pump fitted..? If you have a Serial Number I could probably find out.
Thanks, Nige. *2JR01724* is what I can make out on the data plate and it has the same number stamped right below it. Sounds like this is might be a unique item if it's not easily recognizable by you.
Serial Number is correct. Nothing jumps out as regards that particular machine but can you see one of these pumps anywhere, or any sign that there ever was one.? This is the electric refuelling pump. It ought to be somewhere on the RH front corner.
This looks like a hydraulically driven pump...do you think it's for a refuelling system?
If that's behind the door on the rear RH corner that's the main hydraulic implement pump by the looks of it. You need to be looking more to the front of the machine on the RH side because that's where the fuel tank is.
Ok- now I'm really confused. I thought this was the main pump when looking back from the boom. I couldn't match the hose layout in the two pics so I assumed these were different pumps.
That item shown in post #7 would be the swing drive motor! Seel picture below item #3!
Here's a picturee of the main pump with that large suction line removed:
Thanks Kshansen. Yes, I wasn't clear about the swing motor as I know it's in the lower right corner of pic. The pump I referred to in post #7 was in the upper left portion of the pic. It also appears I did a horrible job of matching the hoses from the two different angles of the main pump so I just confused myself into thinking there were two separate pumps. I circled the areas of the main pump in these pics that I failed to realize was one and the same area. Thanks for the assistance.
The company selling it did railroad recovery, the Pat Baker Co. They have a web site with pics of jobs they do, looks like it is for chains and cables.
Very cool. Looks like a very well done custom job on it then. That solves that mystery- thanks.