Guys, I am new here and needing a little help. I have an ex100 I am hunting a final drive for, and am having no luck. The part is no longer available through deere/hitachi, and I can't find a used/reman either. I am putting some feelers out hoping someone can help me out. The machine is a straight 100, not a dash 2, 3, etc........ Thanks
Years ago I had a 290D John deere ~'89 ... later it became a 110 Deere, every freak'n time I needed a part I was told the EX 100 was identical except the engine, and sure enough every part that arrived had a Hitachi sticker on it ... if I was you I would check also the EX 90 those were not very popular in north america but it was a lighter built EX 100 .....maybe this'll help if you're checking out wreckers .....Good luck
so a 290d and the 100 are the same?
Uhhhh yup ....as far as I know they are ... I had some top and bottom rollers fail on that 290D and they were shipped to JD from Hitachi (they were from the EX 100).....I still own a complete set of(5) manuals for the 290 and I don't remember if it had part #'s in it, I can check if there was , but you could just phone your nearest JD dealer to get a # , ask them it won't hurt...I used to play the game too, I'd phone Wajax and get a price then stuff it down JD's throat so they'd lower their price to beat Hitachi ...lol ..... like I said check it out they may have the inventory
our hitachi dealer was pretty lame, so now we only have a deere dealer. They are the only source for parts.
[email protected] Schaeifer Enterprises of Wolf Lake Ill - 1 (800) 626-6046 I realize these people are a long ways from you but - but I have dealt with them in past and have had good luck- also fright may not be as bad as you think
http://www.leemar.ca/ http://www.langleyexcavator.com/ One of these two should be able to help you.
still hunting. Anybody know where one of these machines is sitting?
Search for wreaked and dismantled machines on machinery trader. Or see if a newer final drive would fit. I've got a 98 120 deere and some of the 120C parts are the same. Look on John Deere parts.
You could also try Brikers ( www.brikers.com ). I've dealt with them recently and have been very pleased with the parts and service. Good luck!
Hey what's going on! I just went to lookup some parts for my machine and found that the parts manual is no longer on their site. I guess my machine is to old now.
EX100-1 went out of production in about 1991.Complete final drive as such will probably not be avaliable from Hitachi any longer due to age,but parts to rebuild your old unit should be or is your old unit beyond repair. Also, i think you will find the the John Deere 490D is the equivalent to the EX100 with the exception of the engine & possibly the cooling system as well. The JD 290 you refer to is the same as a Hitachi EX90. EX90 & EX100 final drives are totaly different in every aspect...
I don't know anything about an EX100, but an EX120-1 is like a 490D. I know as I have an EX120-1 and have used many parts for a 490D. FWD
Final drive HELLO, I CAN SUPPLY A GOOD USED TAKE OFF FOR A EX100-1, WHICH SHOULD BE THE SAME ONE $7,500.00 THANK YOU JIM WHITE J. WHITE CO. [email protected]