Hi all wanting to put a quick coupler on my excavator but not sure where to get the hydraulic pressure to run the quick coupler valve. It is not a spring loaded quick coupler so I assume it needs pressure to stay shut and pressure to open If anyone has done this and would mind sharing some photos, thanks.
You need to start with a serial number...it all starts with that.
Most use bucket cylinder extend pressure. Just guessing from the way you phrased the question, you're looking to piecemeal a coupler and controls together. If you're buying a kit, all the instructions are in it.
Unfortunately, it’s ripped off. Here’s a photo.
Hook it into the crowd ram on the extending hose, fit a change over valve between the ears of that ram then 2 hoses to the coupler ram. Now run the wiring from the cab switch the changeover valve. This way you should have hydraulic pressure in the coupler ram for attaching and detaching implements.
Okay, thanks Will. That have constant pressure at it or will you need to curl the bucket for it to work?
Curl the bucket to open and close. The switch should be ,on,off,on. The off position locks the ram iirc.
If I am understanding this right, you will have very high pressure on your Quick coupler doing it this way (around 5000PSI). Most (if not all) 120's have an extra spool/port in the valve bank. They usually have blank flanges on the output ports and plugs in the pilot ports. You will most likely need 2 relief cartridges, a dual acting solenoid valve, a joystick with (on off on) momentary switch or buttons and all the hoses. Run hoses out to the end of the arm and your set. This will also provide you the plumbing you need for a live thumb (now or future). I installed mine with a 1" line to one side and an additional 1 1/4" return back to the bottom of my hydraulic tank so I can run a hammer on it. 3/4" lines should be adequate unless your looking for higher flow.
Whoa there cowboy. I believe the OP is wanting to add a bucket coupler, not auxiliary plumbing. To the OP, you need one of these and a bunch of 1/4 hose, fittings, adapters, zip ties, and a small manifold welded to the stick.
Fair enough, I was multitaksing at the time and missunderstood, I was thinking hydraulic coupler.