I have a ex270 and for some time now it has had a cavitation sound at full relief but only on the stick function. Doesn't seem to do it when you put either track in relief or the bucket. Mostly just the stick and maybe the boom but it's hard to tell. I am just wondering what this could possibly be? I was told pump problems but I have a feeling its something different. Not just because I am optimist either lol. It's got a fairly new john Deere reman pump on it. Could it be relief valves in the control valve bank? Or an old oil filter? It's seemed be have gotten slowly progressively worse over the past 500 hours. I am an owner operator so I have been babying it not making it chatter but sometimes it happens. Any info I greatly appreciated thanks!
We have a 2006 zaxxis 160 that did the same thing. Once it got so bad that the whole machine vibrated we sent it to the dealer for repair. Ended up being a bad main hydrolic pump. Cost at the dealer with install was 13,000. Good luck hope that it is something else.
I am beginning to fear it's the pump more and more.... I like my old D8s lol I can fix those an diagnose them with a blind fold on
It doesn't seem to do it in the Mornin when it's cool. I wonder if I put a heavier grade Hyd oil in it could get some more life out of it? Priced out a pump. 14k from hitachi for a reman! Can't afford that right now that's for damn sure lol
Have you checked the strainer in the bottem of the tank and the filters to see what might be in them
You probably have a leaking valve plate or the shoe faces are worn down. The cheapest options in order, don't use it, take it apart and inspect and lap the parts, rebuild, new, used pump