Changed an idler on an EX 300-3 today, total time to split track remove old idler and install new one and do up track and retighten. 47 minuets. best one I've had in a long time!! Old one was in rough shape.
Rough shape is putting it mildly, that things just plain old FUBAR!
Wow! That thing's Hammered. What's a new one cost? Oh ya, How many hours?
Wow, what did they hit?????
I installed that idler last summer, so it is one year old, I don't know how they broke it? It only has about 1200 hrs on the idler. The new one cost about $1200.00 plus my time to install.
ATCO!!!!... that acronym... Unless you were just OFO, you almost caused me to be OBE... :cool2 I hope the Mods don't OODA!!! OCR
Is that a Hitachi replacement part or is it aftermarket? Unfortunately you're getting really good at replacing it.
Aftermarket. This is not a production machine and only works about 1000 to 1200 hrs. in a year.:canada
Thats the same idler as a JD 270LC unless SUPER means it has different undercarriage on it. $640.51 aftermarket
wow thats pretty good price....but if it was a komatsu it would not of broken...lol
Does that include the yolk? As you can see there was only half of the yolk left, the other half was gone??:beatsme:canada
3Doc, 1200.00 for the yoke and idler is about right. 640.51 was the complete idler only. You have to hate it when the shelled out idler eats the yoke up.
Huh??? FUBAR: F ouled U p B eyond A ny R emedy. At least that's the way I learned it.
Sure. FUBAR: "Fouled" up beyond all repair. WWII SNAFU: Systems normal, all "Fouled" up. Also WWII Reminds me when my brother's company sent some defective electronic parts back to the manufacturer labeled "AFU" They had to explain later that AFU meant "Audio Functionally Unequipped"...
Yes, yes... of course you're right. I have a bit of myopia in my right eye, just saw it wrong, that's all. This is what OODA means, and you can understand my concern, if I hadn't had such a myopic view: Observe, Orient, Decide and Act. Oh, BTW... OBE, just means... "Overcome by Events", the DoI version any way. Sorry 'bout the little SNAFU, fellas. Back on track now... dang eye... OCR
47 minutes....thats fantastic.....i once waited over a week for almost the same job on a long reach machine i was on still try to work it while you wait they said....no chance
It looks like the track frame pockets for that idler are so loose its letting the idler bounce up/down and side to side. I can also see ratchet marks on the broken axle shaft that could indicate a defective part or possibly some heavy shock loading. Maybe doing a little welding inside that track frame might take out some shock loading on those components. Still all in all, 47 minutes is hard to beat.
that old girl looks in good shape. wish some of owe operators could keep the machine looking that good
If I was to make a guess here, I'm saying the idler shaft was defective as you can clearly see where it was broken and even rusted for a long time or the yoke broke by something caught in the track putting super strain on the shaft . The idler itself looks like it could be rebuilt . It should have been good for at least 10k hrs. The biggest problem people have with idlers is that they are oil filled and the oil level is never checked. over a period of time the oil leaks out and then the idler is running dry , bearings go and then the shaft starts wearing on the idler plus most operators run their machines with the tracks to tight. Nice clean machine !!
Funny to see this, gonna do one on my Cat 330l this morning, I will also reseal the track adjuster while I`m in there, First time 22,000+hrs . 860.00 with the yoke aftermarket. I replaced the other one about 2yrs ago.