Hello, I am working on a EX330LC-5. This old girl has a few issues and one of them is a missing relay. The missing relay is located in the battery/ rad compartment near the large starter relay. I have attached a few pictures for reference. Does anyone know what the damaged/ missing relay is for? Also does anyone have a component location diagram for the electronics? Thanks! :canada
Great, another Deere that has issues.:throwup Hopefully 707 is up yet or this could be a long night.
Hay Shimmy, I was thinking same thing, where is 707?
I PMed him. Hope he gets it.
I believe it should be the glow plug relay.
Excavator has it. It is likely your glow plug relay. Schematic also shows it as a glow plug relay.
Any other symptoms ?
Boy, that has to be record time. Sure is fun to watch things get solved.
Hey 707, do you live in Vancouver or out in the lower mainland ? I'm just 2 miles south of the Aldergrove border crossing. Used to go up there several times a month, bought my parts from Wajax or Brandt.
Im in the lower mainland. Brandt is really good up here, at least parts is. I would think parts are substantially cheaper across the line? Don't have a whole lot to say about wajax so I won't, but anything deere or hitachi Brandt will fix you up.
Shimmy1, I try my best. :drinkup
707, I started going north years ago when Totem Equip. was the Hitachi dealer in Seattle and Smith Tractor was Deere in Mt Vernon. It would take 2-3 days to get parts from Totem plus a fair amount of shipping and Wajax was still in Langley on the by pass. I could call them, jump in my pickup and drive up and back in just over an hour. Needless to say I made a lot of customers happy with that kind of turn around time compared to what they were used to. And your dollar was around 75-80 cents so the prices were very close. I did a lot with Coast and really enjoyed working with them, things changed though when Brandt took over. The local parts/service guys were still great but dealing with corporate office in Alberta was something else. I continued to do this until about 10 years ago when the border just got far to busy for it to be worthwhile. Still have friends up there, just regret I can't seem to visit as often as I'd like. I do still do a fair amount with Brikers, good people there.
That would explain the hard start! I don't have at literature for the machine so it's great you guys could help! I really appreciate it!
Seems like you have a few years on me. This sounds like before my time. Im in my early early 20s. Its good to hear you liked it up here ! Would you happen to know Brian D. at Brandt? Brikers is a good place for everything used. I just started using them this year. His neighbour actually introduced me a while back. They are a good bunch of guys.