Hi everybody. I need help with my ex120. This spring it decided to boom up all by itself. It did it a few times and then quit for awhile then did it again off and on. Now it does it all the time. This happens even when the safety lever is off. Has anybody ever had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Good day rolling iron Your description suggests that you have a spool jam- if you stop the machine remove and plug each of the pilot cap connectors you can compare the two distances with an identical spool. Any history of a cylinder problem maybe ? Check the filter house for witness pieces - if the spool housing is damaged could be expensive. Please email us if we can help at bucket [email protected] or visit our web site www.excatech.com Kind regards Affix
When my hitachi did it, the culprit was a stuck pilot control valve, but it didn't do it when the safety lever was off, I'd have to agree with the stuck spool valve idea if it does it when the lever is off, if its indeed a spool valve, pull that spool out and check it, I'm not sure its a broken spring as much as some junk sticking the spool, change the filter and look at that to see what's in it, also make sure the valve is clean of debris and don't switch spools, they are not exactly alike, I was told they were when I was having problems and was also told to swap them, a very big mistake that cost me several thousand dollars and I and the dealers mechanics learned the hard way they are not alike, it took hours of switching and measuring them to get them back in their rightful valve body again.
So here is what we have tried.. Opened up the pilot control lever and checked to make sure nothing is sticking, all seemed fine in there. Switched reliefs for up and down functions, still booms up. Took the main control valve assembly apart. The spool valve out. Didn't seem to be sticking. The spring was intact and not broken.. Used a bore scope to look in there, didn't look to be anything like a broken ledge or anything like that although it was hard to tell. There was no chunks out of it anyway, but it did look a little rough on the top side of one of the ledges.. Haven't ran the machine lately but the last time I did and this problem was occurring I boomed down hard a few times and it quit for awhile then started again. Is there any electrical solenoids maybe that could cause this or anything else electrical? If it was the pilot control I am guessing it wouldn't do it with the safety lever off. Thanks guys for the help!
Keeping in mind I"m not a mechanic but a dirt digger who's had issues with my machines in the past, I'd say its junk sticking in the valve spool causing your problems, when I had my problem, it would come and go on its own, your right a stuck pilot controls shouldn't do it when the lever is off, if the lever kills all the other functions, check that first, mine would boom up and as I kicked off the lever it would stop mid way every time, and as soon as I hit the lever it finished raising on its own, then I knew it was in the pilot valve. What happens with the debris sticking the spool, when you pull the spool out, you also cleaned out the debris, debris meaning anything small and granular like a piece of fine sand to a small metal filing, if you have a rough spot on your valve body itself, its sounds to me like that's the problem, over a long period of time its worn or etched away at your valve body. Next question, does it ever not do it, or are you to the point of it does it all the time and nothing else? As for electrical being the problem, I was hoping some mechanics would pitch in here on this and add their two cents but to me, I'd say no, the electrical portion stokes up and down the pump when the demand calls for hydraulic power, the pilot control should control the functions, but I could be wrong on that, call a dealer and ask a mechanic if someone who's worked on them doesn't chime in here pretty quickly. If you have a rough spot on the inside of the valve body in that spool, I'm thinking you might have major issues and may need a dealer involved, again I'm not a mechanic. Have you pulled the filter apart and how does it look, also pull the pilot filter out and look at that too, if there's anything in them, you'll need further help from a dealer or mechanic.
hello,you must remove boom spool pilot line & start the engine & check problem has present. if present boom spool is not neutral position. this testing you can find a problem pilot system or not