Anybody know what lift pump/feed pressure should be to the IP on a ex120-2?shop manual says nothing cannot locate a manual for IP. More specifically during cranking. Having a no start issue. Fuel cut off disconnected. All new fuel lines. Hard lines clean. IP literally just rebuilt last week by Oregon fuel Injection. Engine pops off with ether, so It’s obviously needing more fuel. Timing gears set correctly. Aa, bb and cc all line up(only took 50 some revolutions of the engine to get there lol). Thanks in advance
If it’s an inline pump, the pressure should hit 25psi + before opening the overflow valve.. If it has a hand primer, get someone to “stroke it” while someone spins the engine over.. see if it’ll bust off then.
Good advise. I tried a lousy inline electric pump with lift pump bypassed. No luck. Stupid pump only is good for 5psi. that over flow valve is in the filter housing/ or the filter itself ?I’m assuming. Clean that a month ago. Cannot remember what was in there.
Now that I think of that. When I had the elec pump going, you could hear the fuel being dumped back into the tank. No way that lousy pump was pumping over 25psi and allowing fuel to return to the tank.
Do u know what kind of pump it is..Bosch, Zexel, Denso.. In-line or rotary.?? If it’s an inline pump, the overflow valve will be in the fuel return line on the pump. If it’s a rotary pump it’s the actual return line banjo bolt, that screws into the top of the pump.
If it’s a rotary pump, 5 psi is sufficient to feed the inlet..
My search is showing either a Bosch or Zexel inline pump.. The overflow is on the left side and the IN is thru the front.
It’s an in-line zexel. Got the valve out and it loooks like the “guts” are missing. No idea how it ran before with them.
gotta ask some more from ya. Can you confirm a part number of 1132600470. I have yet to acquire a Parts manual for the engine.
Just for kicks, check the inlet banjo bolt on the front of the pump.. It wouldn’t be the first time that they were swapped on installation.. The overflow valve will have a Zexel part number.. I’d get in touch with Oregon F.I.
Will do. Thanks again.
So. After finding three dead cylinders and then three leaky injectors. Even though it ran great when I bought it, I have parts to re ring the beast. I did get the correct over flow valve. Thanks for that input.