Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ex120 controls not working after maintenance

shelbyk7 · 2022-06-23 11:43

Have a ex120 that’s been down a few months for maintenance and started it up today and when I hopped in it and unlocked the pilot, nothing happened. changed hydraulic fluid, rebuilt lift pump what’s the most likely issue to check for?

Replies7
  1. #1skyking12022-06-23 13:54

    If you did not bleed the pumps stop! You have to take those two horking big nuts off on my 120 to get the air out of the pumps I don't know what yours is like. Open up the pump compartment and take a picture if you haven't bled them yet and know what I'm talking about. I'll take a picture of what I've got to tell you what I'm talking about.

  2. #2shelbyk72022-06-23 14:48

    I bled the pumps at the 6mm and 8mm allen head screws circled in picture I have below

  3. #3skyking12022-06-23 16:58

    Okay good those are completely different pumps but those ought to work for bleeding.

  4. #4shelbyk72022-06-23 17:11

    can it take a while to get the pilot all primed up? I could hear something really faint when moving the sticks

  5. #5skyking12022-06-23 18:43

    I don't know when I serviced mine of course with different pumps it was ready to rock and roll immediately. I did the 2,000 hour with new oil and pilot filter etc.

  6. #6shelbyk72022-06-25 20:56

    Did you prefill the pilot filter canister with oil ? i also have had a slow leak shown as #2 in attached picture being low and a slow leak, it could have in theory leaked a lot of pilot circuits fluid out and take a while to prime it?

  7. #7skyking12022-06-25 21:47

    I don't recall filling any filter.