Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX200-2 Manual Pump Conversion Pro/con’s?

Mainiac89 · 2020-02-02 21:47

Hey guys. Another Ex200-2 here with to many issues with the hydraulics to mention. I bought the machine last year and put two new solenoids, and a new angle sensor in it. Had a deere tech set the pressures and make it right at the time. It ran great for about 10 months and then yesterday it started to stall on me. The pump is stuck at full stroke and won’t let the engine rev past L. for some reason I can get it to rev up by activating my hydraulic thumb?? Every other function will just kill it instantly. The wire harness on the machine is terrible and needs to be replaced, but I have also been looking at the manual conversion kits on ebay to make the pump full manual. My question is there any drawback to Having it fully manual instead of fixing the electronics? What will I lose for capability? Gauges? Buttons?? I won’t be selling it so resale is not an issue.

Replies5
  1. #1excavator2020-02-02 23:40

    Do a search on this site, there have been numerous posts about this and as far as I can tell very little success in making the conversion work properly.

  2. #2uffex2020-02-03 02:00

    Good day We have been making a study of this subject and make the following comments that may be of interest, manual control of the pumps can be observed in a earlier version of the pump regulation by Rexwroth (Bosch) who we believe are the original pump concept designers. The pump has two regulation points 1 - Pressure control 2 - Power control the latter is the point that the pump will reduce the flow avoiding engine overload, this is normally controlled in the Hitachi version by an ECU switching on and off according to load. A simpler way to by-pass the ECU would be by a kind of pressure monitor (Electronic would from our study be cheaper and easier install). Later machines use Pulse width Modulation instead of straight solenoids not as complex as it may seem the signal switch's on and off much the same as a flouresant tube. In your shoes I would be inclined to rig up a power feed with switch in the cabin and test the power control in that way. If we can help some more you can always contact us via the forum. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Mainiac892020-02-03 08:01

    Thanks for the reply guys. I have read over all I can find on this forum and seem to have mixed reviews. Some guys say it’s the best they ever did and others can’t get it to work. I am mostly interested in if I will lose any sort of functionality,power, response? UFFIX, I would love to chat with you on this subject if you have time!

  4. #4SoutheastSavage2020-09-27 18:52

    Uffex do you have any sort of a write up on wiring in this so called switch. i am also considering the conversion kit but i am leary.

  5. #5uffex2020-09-28 04:23

    Good day S Savage We have been working with this issue for a spell, our problem is man power other issues crop up and take priority. We have collected a lot of information on this problem our intention is to have somthing easy to install low cost & understand. As soon as we have a good solution we will post it on the HEF site. Kind regards Uffex