Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 330clc engine life expectancy

dlwfarms · 2020-02-03 15:05

I know this is a loaded question but a new to me trackhoe with 8400 hours from pipe line company with full maintance history and I mean everything in its life is documented.I currently have put on 400 hours with no oil consumption , the oil samples come back perfect, how many engine hours can I realistic expect

Replies3
  1. #1Vetech632020-02-03 18:16

    A hell of a long time with proper care and maintenance. It’s impossible to predict.

  2. #2dlwfarms2020-02-03 20:39

    I have a 2006 Mack with 30000 engine hours, is this engine capable of such hours?

  3. #3mg23612020-02-04 04:17

    I've seen 20,000 hrs on Deere engines already. I have also seen rebuilds needed in 2500 hrs. Like Vetech said, depends on the maintenance. If you have one there with 8400 hrs and runs like a top, has good oil samples and you know the service history, then you should get quite a few more hrs out of it.