I have a ex200-5 that when you release the controls the arm moves in until it is vertical it is like a check valve isnt checking and it can freely swing if you let go of the controls i was thinking it is the anti drift valve but not sure where it is to check
on the swing, it might be possible that it has a free swing switch setting down there somewhere. I'd make sure about that before digging in any further. On the stick, how fast does in settle to vertical? How is the power in both directions on the stick function?
Possible cylinder seals in the stick cylinder?
Good day You may find attached of help. Happy new year Uffex
I forget uffex, does the -5 have that free swing switch?
Good day Skyking According to the specification as standard no mention see attched. Happy new year Uffex
Check the simple things first...but first you have to know what the simple things are. Two months ago I bought a used CAT 320C and the cab would slowly slew downhill when on any kind of grade. It made for aggravating maneuvering/control in tight quarters (like in between trees breaking beaver dams on a canal). Being noobs, we thought it might be an issue with the slew system. It ends up it was a simple rocker switch right beside my right elbow on the control panel. The CAT tech heard my question, reached over and flipped the switch...the drifting slew disappeared...awesome! (I now have an Operations manual to help learn about such things) Maybe you will be as lucky.
I don't think OP is talking about the actual upperstructure swinging freely. Sounds like they're saying they extend the stick fully out and once the joystick is released, it swings down to vertical on its own. I'd test to see if the cylinder seals are bypassing first since that'd likely be the easiest to start.
It's both things. That's why I was hoping he might have a similar switch that Gary mentions above. We had a similar vintage 320 and I would get really flat, and then use that mode to do hoisting work. So much smoother than a swing brake coming in clunkity clunk.
Just thought of something to try regarding the stick cylinder. If you have the bucket off the ground and extend the stick cylinder so the bucket comes towards the cab and let off the joystick, does it also fall till it's vertical? If it does would be more reason to suspect the cylinder seals are bypassing.
When I read the first post it reads like the stick swings freely once the controls are released. Be nice if OP comes back to clarify.
Good day I have interpreted the thread as an arm issue, maybe I have made a mistake. Kind regards Uffex
Could be an internal leak at the arm out circuit relief valve. Remove the valve and check for any debris or split o-rings in the valve. The arm out circuit relief is on the top side of the control valve on the 4 spool side. The screen shot is from the Deere equivalent 200 LC online parts page.
Part # 95 that Diesel Dave just listed is exactly what cured my friends Deere 200 LC-3 of stick not holding out. TECH from Brandt says you will never see what is wrong with the internals if you take apart. He put in a new one and the stick could stay out horizontal for 30 min. and no drop at all. The owner had changed out the cylinder as he thought it was the packing leaking, but no way. It was the Pressure Relief Valve in the end. Yours may end up being different. Easy to remove and replace small piece. Simon C
thats what we are trying now thanks for you help
if you where to extend the stick all the way out it would drift in or if you where to out the boom all the way up to the cab it would drift out
I bought a PC120 and the stick would drift in until vertical, ended up being the piston seal on the stick cylinder was shot.