Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX400-3H angle sensors

excavator ยท 2014-04-26 21:34

I'm working on an EX400-3H that another person put new pumps in. There's been problems ever since and when I checked the voltage on the angle sensors there's a 1 1/2 volt difference between the two. My problem is that my DR EX died and that's the only way I've known of to adjust angle sensors on EX400s and bigger. Does anyone know of a different way? I tried to adjust them close by using the break out harness and volt meter but can't get them close. One is at 3.38 volts, the other is at 1.50 volts and that is max voltage. I took the low one out to make sure it was installed correctly and it is. If I bring the high one down to 1.5 volts the machine will not operate. Any thoughts?

Replies8
  1. #1cpe6672014-04-26 22:33

    one of the sensors may be installed 180 degrees out, if you pull the sensor out it will have a small dot on one of the sides of the flat that it engages. the punch mark must face opposite the wiring harness. sounds like one of your sensors is out that's why you're not getting full range.

  2. #2WAW2014-04-26 22:37

    HI you can download DRZX !! DRZX does everything that DREX use to do. DRZX covers all EX-2, EX-3, EX-5 machines Best regards, Waw

  3. #3excavator2014-04-28 18:14

    So, after doing a bit more testing, I've found that one pump displacement solenoid has 14.5 ohms resistance and the other has 232 ohms. The book only talks about checking the resistance but does not give a value, at least not that I can find. I'm sure 14.5 ohms indicates a bad solenoid, but the cost is over $800.00 for a new one so I'd kinda like to know what's the correct reading. Any one out there know the correct value? Thanks again.

  4. #4ANDREW C2014-04-28 18:38

    Im looking at the 992e lc book and it says around 13 ohms is the number your looking for.

  5. #5cpe6672014-04-28 18:38

    which functions are not working properly?

  6. #6excavator2014-04-28 22:31

    Thanks Andrew C. what page did you find that on? I will often use the Deere manuals when working on Hitachi, just because I find them to be more understandable. cpe667, all functions are slow, but particularly the 4 spool side. Bucket, right travel and boom down. What makes this one interesting is that I'm the 5th or 6th person to work on this machine in the last year or so, which means I definitely have to start at square 1 and check everything. Any component in the system could have been messed with.

  7. #7ANDREW C2014-04-28 23:00

    Its in the electrical section under sub system diagnostics. Sounds like your going to have some fun checking over every sensor, pressure setting and pump setting on the machine.

  8. #8excavator2014-05-02 00:33

    Replaced the pump displacement solenoid today and the problem appears solved. I ran it for 1/2 hour but will have to wait until the operator is back on Monday to know 100 %. Thanks all for the help.