Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX40UR Random INFO?

Old Growth ยท 2019-10-20 15:27

Hello, Ive lurked here for many years and now have a reason to contribute. I purchased a Hitachi EX40UR grey market mini excavator with a bad engine and am in the process of fixing it. I bought a NEW isuzu engine and have got it about half way installed. As soon as its ready to run, I would like to flush and change all the fluids and make sure this thing is ready to go. Lots of talk about ashless/zinc free fluids in the JD and Hitachi machines and am wondering if this applies to my older MINI? Anyone skookum on the topic or know where to source a manual for this machine? How to date it also? I will also put up a build thread with good pics as this comes along. Ive replaced the old grey market engine with a new 3CE1 Isuzu/Yanmar that I can get parts for. I plan to be a helpful source of info for this machine to others along the way. Ill get some pics up shortly. Thanks in advance.

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2019-10-21 02:56

    Good day OG There is a fellow that contributes by the name of ToolKing he has a wealth of manuals he helps out with drop him a line. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2mg23612019-10-21 05:18

    Welcome to HEF OG ! Look forward to hearing about your progress.