Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 310 Feedback??

RTSmith ยท 2019-10-21 10:43

I know this is a new model. Runs 75HP to stay under DEF, but over 20K on the operating weight. Anyone have one yet and can give feedback? I have a full size backhoe in a 420D, and wanted to get into an excavator to possibly replace the hoe. My 307E2 isn't quite getting it done in that respects. I got to play with one a few days ago for a few minutes, but curious if others have sany more feedback.

Replies4
  1. #1Tags2019-10-21 19:53

    Didn't even know they had one..... just went searching....looks nice. Don't see many cat midi size machines around me, haven't heard the greatest things about the older model 308, maybe they addressed what people didn't like about em'.

  2. #2f311fr12019-10-26 16:22

    310 does not have a swing boom. The 309 can be had with either the 308 (narrow) or 310 (wide) U/C and no 3rd pump and swing boom.

  3. #3RTSmith2019-11-01 16:43

    Yes, no swing. I got to play with a 309 for a few minutes with a mulcher. Even with a dedicated pump, I think I expected more. I have a 307 now, and very seldom would need a swing boom, and actually like having the boom up beside me more. My main reason for wanting to change is gain reach, and lifting capacity. I do some hardscaping, and lifting is a big thing. Any trying to compare lifting specs from one CAT machine to another can get dicey as they'll use different measurements from one chart to the next.

  4. #4John C.2019-11-02 11:50

    Like all manufacturers, Cat likes to be pretty murky about their charts and capacities. How many models of machines have changed model numbers only by adding some extra pounds on the counterweight?