Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX50URG BATTERY RELAY

ELKHUNTER#1 · 2023-03-25 16:37

Does anyone know where to get battery relay?or know hitachi part#thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-03-25 20:15

    EX50UR ELECTRIC PARTS (3) Hitachi HOP online spare.avspart.com .

  2. #2ELKHUNTER#12023-03-25 21:48

    Thanks,hopefully they have one

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-03-25 22:07

    It’s a good part # at Deere as well

  4. #4ELKHUNTER#12023-03-26 13:33

    Do you know anything about the fusible link that attaches to battery relay?mine had a wire burned apart,can they be spliced or are they sacraficial like a fuse?

  5. #5Diesel Dave2023-03-26 14:03

    Fusible links are sacrificial like a fuse. Item #39 is described as a fusible link

  6. #6ELKHUNTER#12023-03-26 20:50

    Do you know if deere uses same # for fusible link?it looked like they did,did jd market the same machine?

  7. #7Diesel Dave2023-03-26 21:17

    Yes the fusible link part # 4191038 is also a good number at Deere. Deere did not market a version of the EX50URG .

  8. #8ELKHUNTER#12023-03-26 21:28

    Thanks Dave,I'm having a heck of a time finding these parts,i'm thinking of getting fusible link wire and repairing mine,any thoughts on that?

  9. #9Diesel Dave2023-03-26 21:55

    Did you check at your Deere or Hitachi dealer ? for 4249775 relay 4191038 fusible link . I don’t find any amperage specs for the fusible link, so it would be a crapshoot for what material to use in a splice.

  10. #10ELKHUNTER#12023-03-27 11:16

    Thanks Dave,I was able to order through JD equip dealer,there sure proud of that stuff,I'm also working on 1968 case 450,brakes are frozen,do you have any knowledge on dry brakes?machine was fine 6 years ago but brakes locked while it sat,probably just need to disassemble,clean,reassemble,any thoughts?

  11. #11ELKHUNTER#12023-04-15 19:28

    I replaced battery relay,fusible link,new starter,turned on key,nothing at all,no power,no lights,ran a jumper from +batt terminal to ignition switch,everything lights up and works as it should,any ideas on *** is going on?

  12. #12Simon C2023-04-15 19:59

    You need to take a multimeter and stab the dead center of the positive post with the red test lead and then stab the positive terminal of the key switch with the black test lead while turning the key to start and read the voltage loss in the cable and swithches. If you have like more than 0.75 Volt recording on the meter then, start to work your way back through the harness plugs till you find which connection is causing the voltage drop. Remember if live power from the battery to key switch makes it all go, then key switch and all else is good. The feed power supply is damaged, coroded, or loose in a plug in. You may need a schematic to follow the path back from Key Switch. Sorry I don't have a schematic for it or I would tell you which numbered wire and colour to follow. Simon C

  13. #13captain charlie2025-09-18 22:58

    Hope this helps. Good luck.

  14. #14captain charlie2025-09-18 23:00

    I got my last one from Wajax in Langley BC.