Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX50URG counterweight

Mike900sss · 2023-01-09 19:22

Hello new member here. Curious if anyone knows the bolt size to remove counterweight on a Hitachi EX50URG? I’ve seen some old posts about them so I know they’re out there. It’s 2-41mm bolts holding the weight on. Thanks Mike

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2023-01-10 15:05

    Good day Mike Not sure if this helps. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Coaldust2023-01-10 17:50

    Interesting. I had no idea that M41 existed. That’s an oddball, for sure.

  3. #3terex herder2023-01-13 20:01

    I 'spect its a 30mm bolt. Dam metric system can't decide what size head a bolt should have. Standardized my ***.

  4. #4Mike900sss2023-02-15 16:14

    I got the counter weight off tgd Ex50urg, pretty easy with the right tools. I was hoping the leak would be obvious but no such luck. I have to get a closer look at the swivel joint and the swing motor. Previous owner rebuilt the swivel joint. Hoping maybe a hose backed out. Anyone know if the swing motor is accessible from below or do I have to separate the unit?

  5. #5Mike900sss2023-02-15 16:16

    41mm socket on attachment bolts. Lifting lugs are M27x3, I had to purchase a tap to clean them up to thread in the lifting lugs. Sorry for the confusion.

  6. #6Coaldust2023-02-15 16:35

    Gotcha.

  7. #7Diesel Dave2023-02-15 18:44

    Pic below Is from Spare.AVSPart.com Swing motor and or swing drive are definitely NOT accessible from below. For future reference only, the Swing motor and drive (complete) part is # 4243574 .