Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc50uu-1

samsstuff ยท 2023-01-09 17:58

Ive gotta order another starter, last one lasted 2 years, is there a good better best on these, they run from 160 to as far as your imagination will go, i hate putting them on because they are behind the motor against the cab, thanks for any input

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2023-01-10 05:36

    Good day It may be worthwhile establishing what is causing those failures, starter engaging while the engine running, for example. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2samsstuff2023-01-10 07:51

    The first failure was due to spun bearings on crank, rebuilt the engine 2 years ago, i was just wondering if i could get a better starter without breaking the bank but on the flip side i can order these 200 dollar starters every 2 or 3 years easier than i can buy one from a komatsu dealer for a 1000 bucks

  3. #3uffex2023-01-10 10:02

    Good day Sam From your post it would appear that the Komatsu supplied unit has some better quality than that you are sourcing on line. I suggest if you still have the OEM motor could you split it down and make some comparison, I would expect an on line suppplier to be interested in your 2 year life span. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4samsstuff2023-01-14 16:30
  5. #5samsstuff2023-01-14 16:32

    Thanks for the help, I'm thinking about rebuilding it if I can find the parts to do it with

  6. #6djbobo2023-03-30 19:26

    I have one if you want it. I swapped the engine due to low compression. It has never failed to crank the engine. I'm in Utah Doug