Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ex50urg swing gear oil weight

Harleyman828 ยท 2013-07-21 23:29

Just bought and old ex50urg to work with around the house. Has not been taken care of much or maintained much from what I am seeing.trying to do all the service before using it. Need to know what oil to use in the swing gear motor, and is there anywhere to buy parts when I need them. The nearest johndeere place was no help at all and did not act like they wanted to. Thanks for any help Harleyman

Replies4
  1. #1oldtom2013-07-21 23:53

    Harleyman828 85w/140 but you could use sae50gear oil in your neck of the woods not as hot as in os,(australia) at hitachi aust we changed all the gear boxes AT 250HRS services not that much oil and they would last longer plus if one where to fail you would fined it before to much damage.

  2. #2Harleyman8282013-07-22 00:15

    Thank you for the help I forgot to ask how is the best way to get the oil in the gear motor

  3. #3oldtom2013-07-22 01:03

    its been a bit, is there not a plug near the dip stick, you can put a funnel in the dipstick tube but the air coming back up will make a mess you can use a small hose like that use for oil sampling, so air can escape. just don't over fill it

  4. #4Harleyman8282013-07-28 22:53

    oldtom, Hello again,I found the plug beside the dipstick just like you said ,I had to scratch an scrap and then with a little light there it was. Its a good feeling to know that on the other side of the world that someone would help a total stranger.Thanks Friend. Harley