Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ex58 bucket curl hose size

ZGrant231 ยท 2017-11-14 17:37

my ex58 uses all 1/2" #8 hoses on the boom, even the thumb, except the bucket curl witch is 3/8 and cycles quite slow compared to the other functions. I'm just curious if this is standard to have the bucket curl run a smaller line or mabey it's a quick fix from a previous owner? All the other functions cycle quite fast exept this one.

Replies3
  1. #1f311fr12017-11-14 20:01

    What size fittings are on the valve block, hard lines and in the cylinder ports. If the actual port sizes on the valve, hard lines and cylinder are 1/2" then you should be able to upgrade your hoses to 1/2".

  2. #2ZGrant2312017-11-14 23:40

    F311fr1, all the same at the valve block, and there's no hardline on this unit due to its pivoting boom (pic included). Yes Its all 1/2" hose. Before I self engineer a hydrolic problem I thought I'd ask. What's standard size for most machine bucket curl lines on units this size? My thought is to swap this adapter deal at the cylinder ports for #8.

  3. #3f311fr12017-11-22 18:44

    My 304C CR 11K machine uses all 1/2" for main functions except for the auxillary which is 5/8". The valve bank does have 4 3/8" lines but I have not had the pleasure of having to trace them down yet. From your pictures 1/2" hose should work fine.