Hey guys, I have an EX58MU. I'd had a small issue with the split boom not wanting to lift up to its full height, it was not causing me any great hassles, however, i dont like things that dont work properly! I decided to investigate today and discovered two sensors. One at the base of the boom, the other where the boom pivots left and right! I removed the one at the base of the boom to investigate its workings a little more closely. I started the machine only to be greeted with the system light and warning buzzer, however, the boom now went right up (with the sensor connected electronically, not mechanically. Once refitted back to how it was the buzzer/light are still on, boom wont fully lift again and wont pivot to the right (will only pivot left to centre/centre to left)... is there a way of resetting the warning system/sensors??? HELP!!! Also chasing a 'workshop' (hope thats what you guys call them) manual which has general mechanical/electrical information, more than happy to pay for it of course! -Hope to hear from someone soon, Matt
I'm not real familiar with that machine, does it use sensors or a big round potentiometer with a lever and linkage connected to it? In either case, I'm thinking there should be three sensors/pots; one for position of boom pivot, one for position of main boom up/down, and one for position of arm (dipper) in/out. The purpose of these sensors is to prevent an operator from whacking the cab with the bucket when the boom is in an offset position. They should limit boom up, arm in, or offset left when bucket is near cab if it's set up properly.
Hey Willie59! Many thanks for the reply! There are only 'big round potentiometers' that i can see (one to measure pivot, one to measure boom height), however, i didnt have much of a look for the third as it was pouring rain!!! The two i can see are both the lever type with the linkage attached! They are designed to do exactly what you said! I think that by having the 'potentiometer' removed from the base of the boom, with the ignition on and engine running, has somehow upset the system! It seems to be in like a safe mode or something as the boom will not pivot to the right, therefore there is no chance of the boom hitting the cab on full lift. Every thing else still functions fine! Apparently there is a way of resetting the system... just need to figure it out! Any further assistance/info from yourself or anyone else would be greatly appreciated!!! Cheers, -Matt
Ive been through this and had to eventually jump out the 2 bypass switches that are located below and forward of the right hand control. You may have better luck finding english manuals down there,but I had no luck whatsoever up here. Disclaimer!! I also had the customer sign a letter of acknowledgement that 2 safety switches had been bypassed and that the bucket,under certain sideshift conditions,would contact the cab.
Cheers for the response cutting edge! The workshop manual is proving to be quite difficult to obtain here in Aus too mate! In the interests of keeping the machine fail safe, i'd really like to fix the machine properly! Are you aware of how to reset the 'SYSTEM' light and alarm? Many thanks, -Matt
no...could never figure it out. Hitachi doesnt support grey machines over here so they had no input either. If you know how to download torrents,there appear to be manuals on a few site. Google is your friend.